Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Trek slash

re member
    They told me "this Fall". They didn't have a specific date.
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

mtbr member
    I am still seeing a 10/31/11 availability.

Mikey

mtbr member
    I can't believe they dropped all Scratch models for 2012 and replaced them with the Slash.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Ive heard the scratch had a few geometry issues and wasa bike that didnt do well for its intended purpose. With the slash they took the scratch and fixed all the issues and made a better bike thats already winning. I am surprised they dropped the coil version but maybe next year it will be back along with a carbon frame.

Im counting down the days till I get my Scratch 9. Can't wait!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Trek had a demo day today here in Huntsville, AL.

I rode a Slash 9.

That thing is pure awesome!!! They were asking for us to keep the rides around 30 minutes because of a large crowd/huge demand to ride them. I wish I could have took it on a longer ride. Pedals great uphill, and the geo is just right for rippin back down. It feels very sturdy, too. The chain guide and SRAM X.0 2x10 works well. I was impressed with how well the front shifted, considering the substantial chain guide.

And the reverb is very nice.

If I were in the market for a new bike right now, this one would be at the top of my list.
    Can you give a bit of a description of the trail you were able to take it on?

re member
    It was about a six mile loop. The first 3/4 mile is a smooth, hard-pack downhill through tight trees, with three or four turns...flat turns, not berms.

Then a few miles through some semi rocky roller-coaster stuff (quick steep downs and technical ups). And finaly, a fire-road ride up and back.

Here's a link to a video I made on my Covert about a month ago. The rocky roller-coaster part of the ride was similar to this. This is on the same mountain where they had the demo.

Huntsville MTB - Bluffline on Vimeo
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

mtbr member
    May 2011
    what grips me is the 1000 markup for UK compared to the US. I did the calc's using current exchange rates and the Slash 9 SHOULD be 3500 or 4200 (inc. VAT) at most. Would like to know where their bean counters get their figures.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MU3266 View Post
    what grips me is the 1000 markup for UK compared to the US. I did the calc's using current exchange rates and the Slash 9 SHOULD be 3500 or 4200 (inc. VAT) at most. Would like to know where their bean counters get their figures.
    There is a lot more to pricing than just the currency conversion, there is additional overhead, higher shipping costs, distribution structures, and they have to guess what the currency exchange is going to do 6 months from now. It is a very big equation and you are only seeing one variable.

If it's a great bike and people buy it then great, if people aren't buying the price will come down (eventually). Only time will tell.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MU3266 View Post
    Take the extra money you would save and fly to the states for a holiday and ride the bike you buy in the US and then fly home with it. Same price but at least you would get a nice holiday out of it!

mtbr member
    Seems no Slash 9 frameset for the UK, well looks like I am not getting one then

the magnificent
    Does the Slash 7 really not come with 142x12 rear? It has 142 for the 9 and 8 but 135x5 for the 7. The Remedy is the same way, with the cheapest two models showing qr's on the website.

Am I missing something here? How much money could they possibly be saving by doing this? Do they have a pile of old chainstays and seatstays in the corner of the factory that they need to use up?

mtbr member
    You know what...that makes a good point because the rear hub is a shimano 575 which is qr only i believe.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Pretty sure you can convert it to a 142x12mm

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Heya guys.

Any idea what kind of warranty this frame will carry?

mtbr member
    Probably like the scratch, 3 years on the front and 2 years on the swing arm.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Kinda expect something like that but soooo hope for a lifetime guarantee. 3 years is not a lot for that much money. :/

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I thought trek did lifetime on all frames?

2012 Trek Slash - Interbike 2011 on Vimeo Nice video of it

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Slash 9's wont be available until late December/early January. Sucks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    anybody know the weight of the frame?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    ???

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Trek never releases weights as they claim they vary too much to give an accurate number. Search for the weight of the scratch air, or wait till mid december and if I get a chance I will weigh my frame when it gets here.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I rode a slash for most of the first day of Outerbike and when I got home I went straight to my shop and ordered one (now I just have to occupy myself until January when it's supposed to arrive). Going uphill it felt like I was on my Fuel EX then on the way down it felt a lot more confident. It railed corners and rolled through rocky stuff great. There weren't a ton of drops on the trails we rode that day (the first 4 sections of the "Magnificent 7" network) but there were a few 2 - 2.5 footers and it felt fine dropping those. The only issue I had was that the mechanic set up the fork with too much pressure and I had to find someone on the trail with a shock pump to adjust it.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    My Frame (17.5) is not slated to be delivered until mid January now : ( I was hoping to have it as a Christmas present for myself. Anyone else order one?

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast