Ramp Local
    Trek Slash 9 $5779.00......ouch!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Store retail is $5,500.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wonny View Post
    Who picks the part specs for trek bikes? I don't ride w/o a chain guide and I don't run long cage derailleurs. Please sell me the frame Trek!!!!

They do offer the SLASH 9 Frame set MSRP = $2000

mtbr member
    Does the Frame set come with the seatpost?

mtbr member
    Is it me or does this bike seem a bit over priced compared to other offerings.

Erik

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Was thinking the same thing. I was all set to buy one but am now questioning it.

mtbr member
    I know the 9 model has a great part specification and it does have the 36 Talas with Kashima, but an "aluminum bike that is close to $5,700. is crazy. You can build a mojo HD with a better parts for cheaper.

Just sayin!

I love my 11 Remedy Carbon, but one thing I hate is no ISCG tabs. They did address all the gripes I have with my bike which is not many.

The 7 looks like a better deal if you can buy a chain guide, have a kick ass wheelset and dropper post. I would add mission control to Lyric and be set.

Erik

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bedell99 View Post
    I know the 9 model has a great part specification and it does have the 36 Talas with Kashima, but an "aluminum bike that is close to $5,700. is crazy. You can build a mojo HD with a better parts for cheaper.

Just sayin!

I love my 11 Remedy Carbon, but one thing I hate is no ISCG tabs. They did address all the gripes I have with my bike which is not many.

The 7 looks like a better deal if you can buy a chain guide, have a kick ass wheelset and dropper post. I would add mission control to Lyric and be set.

Erik
    One thing to note, Lyrik R's do not come with dual flow rebound.

mtbr member
    The UK prices that are being listed are just stupid 5000 or about $8200, I hope I can just get the frame, as I would change too much for it to be worth buying the full bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertr View Post
    One thing to note, Lyrik R's do not come with dual flow rebound.
    You are correct. I just went on Srams new part catalogue for 2012 and you have to order both the dual flow rebound and mission control damper to upgrade the fork. That is less than 250.00 if you can do the work your self. Which isn't really hard.

Add in a chainguard for 100 and a dropper seat post for 250 and I would take the 7 for a couple of hundred less.

Erik

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Ordered a Salsh 9 for $4800 OTD will be here in October. At that price I couldnt pass it up.

Ramp Local
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseWin28 View Post
    Ordered a Salsh 9 for $4800 OTD will be here in October. At that price I couldnt pass it up.
    What bike shop and how did you get it for that price?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    jedenton, just got off the phone with Trek now. They're dropping it to 4750 to "be inline with other manufacturers"

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Local bike shop. I called every trek dealer around and told them I would give them a cc number right then for the deal I asked for. All of them turned it down but one and hes the one that will get my business from now on. Including a Session 9.9 next spring.

mtbr member
    Cheers MU3266, do you know if they plan on doing the frame set for the UK? I would ideally like just the frame + seatpost as I'd change the rest of it.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    No word on that I'm afraid. Full details will be released within a week / start of september. I know MBR magazine have got a piece on the 2012 treks coming out tomorrow, couldn't tell you what is included in the article though.

bike addict
    Jan 2004
    i put in a frameset order at my local trek dealer today. slated delivery is november timeframe. i hope maybe it'll be sooner than that.

mtbr member
    I'm really stoked about what the Slash is about. It's really inline with the kind of mtn bike I'm looking to buy next spring and it's got everything I want. But, going on record here, the 7 and 8 color schemes are crap.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Most of the 2012 lineup has lame color schemes, all black and gray with a few highlights.

Slash 9 and Sessions are by far their best looking bikes this year.

mtbr member
    Honestly over the last few years, Trek generally has lame color schemes over all. The graphics are fine enough, it's their color choices. What are they thinking???

But, yes the Session 9.9 has an awesome color scheme, I really love it. I love the Slash 9 in the black and green.

I honestly won't buy the Slash 7 or 8 because they look like crap. I know that when I'm riding the look of the bike is the farthest thing from my mind, but when it's at home and I'm cleaning it and admiring it, I want it to look cool too! If I can't afford the Slash 9 next spring, then I'll be getting a different brand or getting the Slash 9 frame and building it up. Reason on that is Trek does a super job of cable routing and I really like that.

But, I seriously want to know why they choose such bad color combos for the lower models.
    Last edited by jmountain; 08-29-2011 at 03:41 PM.

re member
    Trek had a demo day today here in Huntsville, AL.

I rode a Slash 9.

That thing is pure awesome!!! They were asking for us to keep the rides around 30 minutes because of a large crowd/huge demand to ride them. I wish I could have took it on a longer ride. Pedals great uphill, and the geo is just right for rippin back down. It feels very sturdy, too. The chain guide and SRAM X.0 2x10 works well. I was impressed with how well the front shifted, considering the substantial chain guide.

And the reverb is very nice.

If I were in the market for a new bike right now, this one would be at the top of my list.
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Good to hear! What size did you ride? How tall are you? I ended up with a 21.5 and I'm 6 1 but keep thinking maybe I should have gone with the 19.5.

re member
    I'm 6'0" and rode a 19.5 and it felt like a perfect fit.
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Thanks for the info.

With shoes on Im 6 2 or so. The 21.5 should be about perfect then. Hopefully...

Did they say when they would ship? LBS said October but now there are no dates in the computer he said. So no idea if the Oct. date has changed.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast