mtbr member
    Feb 2004

New question here. Trek Single Track?

I was looking for a bicycle for my wife & came across a used one advertised as a "Trek Single Track". The seller tells me that "Single Track" is the model although I can't seem to find it anywhere (Trek catalog, web site or here at mtb review). Does anyone out there know if there is such a Trek model & if so, does it go by any other name? Appreciatively, Scott

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Trek 930 SingleTrack

I don't think they make it any longer, but my hardtail mountain bike is a Trek 930 SHK Single Track, Have had mine for 5 years and would love to buy another one just like it. Which is why I am here right now. Tough to find current models with Chro-Moly in that price range.

Ski during the off-season
    Quote Originally Posted by scotte1
    The seller tells me that "Single Track" is the model although I can't seem to find it anywhere
    As another reference point, I bought my daughter an used 2003 Trek 830 -- when I looked at Trek site, it was also called a ST 830 or Single Track 830. I own a Trek 930, too, and it has Single Track in the name on the bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Trek

made a lot of models called single track for a long time. Had an early one that was a 970 singletrack, it was pretty far up the line up as it was tripple butted cromo, and i believe it was the last of the fully lugged frames. It was my first serious mt bike. Jim

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    times were (1993-98?) that the 900 numbered models (930-950-970-990) were "singletracks" with the 930 probly the most popular. all pretty good, usa built, cromo bikes tho not all models shared the same tubing. 800 series models were "mountain tracks" and of somewhat lesser quality cromo frames. hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

930 single track

Quote Originally Posted by scotte1
    I was looking for a bicycle for my wife & came across a used one advertised as a "Trek Single Track". The seller tells me that "Single Track" is the model although I can't seem to find it anywhere (Trek catalog, web site or here at mtb review). Does anyone out there know if there is such a Trek model & if so, does it go by any other name? Appreciatively, Scott
    I have a 930 single track comp 2 white, triple butted steal, easton monkey lite ct2 carbon handle bar, shimano xtr rapid fire 8 speed index shifting, kore stem aheadset headset, rockshox duke, bontrager coviar rims (front and rear) Shimano xt rear deraliuar, shimano lx front deraliuar. shimano lx crank with time clip, shimano xt v-brake rockshox seat post, bontrager fs+10 racing saddle, specilized s-works tires front and back.all componts have less than 50 miles on them. may want to sell. write me and email at ctrolemiss@yahoo.com
    Last edited by ctrolemiss; 12-02-2004 at 12:59 PM.

Get busy!!
    Can I put a set of rock shox judy's on this bike? I have a Single Track and a set of shox I was thinking about combining. I didnt get any papers with the shox so im just looking for info online.
    07 M4 Rockhopper Pro (Mango)
    Fox Fork 100mm / Chris King Headset

Ski during the off-season

depends on the amnt of travel...

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKHOPPER703
    Can I put a set of rock shox judy's on this bike? I have a Single Track and a set of shox I was thinking about combining. I didnt get any papers with the shox so im just looking for info online.
    It depends on the amount of travel the shock has. If I remember correctly, the travel on the shock that came with my 930 only had 30mm or 40mm of travel. I ran a shock with 75mm of travel and it did well enough--it was a little 'twitchy' on the climbs but not too bad.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    My parents have a trek single track 950 and a trek zx 7000 accept they both need repairs so I cant really use them.