mtbr member

Trek Session 7 or King Fisher 2?

hey, i'm looking into a freeride bike and i have narrowed it down to the Trek Session 7 and the king fisher 2. stuff i look ffoward for in bikes are how they pedal and manuel. which bike do you think would be better for a whole day of riding on local trails? Also why that one bike is better. Thanks

monkey's throw poo
    Jun 2004

mmmm

Quote Originally Posted by freerider167
    hey, i'm looking into a freeride bike and i have narrowed it down to the Trek Session 7 and the king fisher 2. stuff i look ffoward for in bikes are how they pedal and manuel. which bike do you think would be better for a whole day of riding on local trails? Also why that one bike is better. Thanks
    .session is a good pedaler, disender, tech bike.
    king is a good hucking bike, good jumper, pedals pretty good, but isnt as technical feeling
    two six is bet-ta

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2inthehole
    .session is a good pedaler, disender, tech bike.
    king is a good hucking bike, good jumper, pedals pretty good, but isnt as technical feeling
    would the session be better than the king for manuels and jumps and northshore?

Warrior's Society
    Sounds like the King Fishers' have a pretty steep head angle. Don't know if this helps or not.

mtnbikej

monkey's throw poo
    Jun 2004

,m

i would say yah, it seems to be more like an urban bike, but for the dirt, if that makes any since? a hucker......that pedals.
    two six is bet-ta

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2inthehole
    i would say yah, it seems to be more like an urban bike, but for the dirt, if that makes any since? a hucker......that pedals.
    yeah i know what you mean. like street but northshore style. yeah that is what i'n looking for so i guess that could be the bike for me. i'd have to test ride them both.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    oh yeah, the trek has pretty short chainstays, and manuals like a BMX bike!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    WTF? my post dissapeared! anyway, i got to ride both bikes, today, and the answere is ABSOLUTLY the trek. they blow the kingfishers out of the water. the treks are so rediculously sick. im pickin up one for my self in fact. the kingfisher is a tank. and doesnt do anything as good as the session.

mtbr member

Session

The Trek has a more active main pivot location closer to the BB. The Kingfisher has a high forward main pivot which means that as the suspension cycles the chain line grows a lot and it'll have more peddal feedback. The good side of the high forward pivot is that the chain tension should reduce peddal bob.