swag ho Administrator

Trek Remedy 29 Review

A couple bikes surprised me this year. The Specialized Enduro 29 and the Trek Remedy 29.

I'll take one of each but no one can buy the Enduro right now. So Remedy it is.

Tested: 2014 Trek Remedy 29er with 140mm of Travel | Mountain Bike Review

Attachment 816554

Attachment 816555

Tested: 2014 Trek Remedy 29er with 140mm of Travel | Mountain Bike Review
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trek Remedy 29 Review-dmilner_trek014_eve2_022.jpg  

Trek Remedy 29 Review-remedy-9-sandy-rocks.jpg  

IPA will save America

Zaf
    mtbr member
    I'm really caught with what I want to buy next. I think it will end up being the Fuel EX 9 29er, but I'm so tempted to get the Remedy and get back into throwing myself down more technical terrain (although the girlfriend is less keen on that). I also keep getting that niggling feeling that if I get the Fuel EX, I'm not adding enough to my quiver...it feels too safe.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Me too! I got a really good deal on a Super Elite after I get it paid off, I'm already starting to think about the next bike.....lol. Remedy 29er or 27.5 version, both are the 7 models. I just feel that its a lot of bike in the 29er for my size.
    “Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.” H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Hello, thanks for the review. I bought a remedy 9 29er.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Hello, I just purchased a 2013/2014 Trek Remedy 8 29er. Here is my review after a half dozen rides on Colorado front range single track.

I think you get a lot of bike for the money with this one.. paid 3500 for mine (on sale)

My large weighs in around 31 lbs bone stock which is lighter than my friends Giant NRS2 FS 26er that was loaned to me for the past few seasons. The NRS2 is a tank of a bike, old and heavy, but high end at the time. The Remedy is FANCY in comparison.

I'm a very tall and lanky rider - 6'3 225lbs. I'm big but by no means a clydesdale (except for when I crash).

This is my first FS bike of my own. As a recent convert from being a roadie to now exclusively single track, I appreciate the smooth ride from the Fox shocks, with the suspension lock out on front and rear. (because I'm a roadie and was always the best climber in the group and I fly in the open country).

The SLX components work flawlessly and have a nice crisp action to them. I'm not sure if its the different gear ratios that allow the 29ers provide more low-end torque, but I was able to climb grades with ease that I never was allowed to make the first time on this ride.

Being an awkward size at 6'3'' with a 34" inseam and 84" wingspan, the large feels really good. The geometry feels just right. The center of gravity on the 29er is a little higher than a 26er, so be aware of that in your slow game.

My only gripe with this bike is that the rim tape was installed crooked in my rear rim, allowing the spoke holes to pop my tube. Rip that Bontrager paper crap out that is too narrow and not even sticky and replace it with some Velo tape that is wide enough to cover the offset spokes... or at least carry some Velo with you in case you need a field repair. I wish I had some with me... somebody happened to ride by with duct tape which saved my arse 12 miles from the car.