I fall... a lot
    Feb 2009

Trek Remedy 27.5 DELAY

I ordered a Trek Remedy 27.5 model 9.9 Sept 1st and was told the bike will be here for sure by Mid November. Well two weeks after I ordered, it got pushed back a month, then last week I was told it will be the end of Jan..... How can trek have such a hold up? They only sell the bike in one color per model and each model is a specific build kit, its not like other bike companies that have two or three colors and different fork options, its like an assembly line for trek but some how they still delay and delay. The bike industry as a whole is horrible about this. Did anyone else order this bike and get put on a nice long wait list that will continue push the ship date further and further back most likely? If it gets moved back again, Im going to another company. Sorry for the rant, just bikeless and annoyed at this point.

mtbr member
    Strange. They said they'd only list stuff on the website so long as it was ready to ship. The remedy and fuel ex both in 29 were at dealers and shipping before they were even on the company site too. Does slash have the same trouble? I had a friend asking about a 7 or an 8 650b, and was told May or something crazy like that. No real idea what's up there.
    I asked them on twitter, I'd like to see what they say about availability. I'll ppst whatever they reply with up if they do reply. That's a shame though. My fuel was available from trek right away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    10 Gary Fisher Cobia - 13 Trek Madone 5.2 - 14 Trek Fuel Ex8

mtbr member
    The reply was that they ship orders in the order that they were received, and the backorder may have something to do with orders in a specific area. Not the most helpful reply unfortunately.

I fall... a lot
    Feb 2009
    Yeah my ship order has already been pushed back two months extra so that's the issue.

mtbr member
    The Trek frames could be ready but they may be waiting for parts? It happens.
    99% of the problems and questions posted here would be answered if people actually walked into a bicycle shop and asked

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Odd since my local shop in Atlanta has them in Stock right now. I just saw it a couple weeks ago. Wasn't my size but they said I could get one on order.

I fall... a lot
    Feb 2009
    Your shop has the 9.9 remedy 27.5. What shop? As of earlier today trek said they have not shipped one to south eastern u.s. In the 9.9

mtbr member
    Hmm. That's pretty crazy they haven't bothered to ship any to the SE specifically too. Does that apply to aluminum or just carbon frame bikes?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by nurseman View Post
    Your shop has the 9.9 remedy 27.5. What shop? As of earlier today trek said they have not shipped one to south eastern u.s. In the 9.9
    They have it at free-fllite bicycles at the canton rd. location in a 19.5. I believe the price was 7999. It might be gone but I am almost positive they had it.

They are the biggest (at least one of the biggest) dealers in the SE. Almost always getting models in before everyone else.

The had several of the aluminum models (the 7 I believe) because I almost bought one.

I fall... a lot
    Feb 2009
    I only asked about se and only asked about the 9.9. Sorry

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by nurseman View Post
    I only asked about se and only asked about the 9.9. Sorry
    I actually was talking about the 9.9 that they had at the shop. I have to go by there this weekend, so I will report back if they still have it. Again I am pretty sure they had it.

Sorry for the confusion but I was replying to 722ish, as he asked about the aluminum bikes as well.

mtbr member
    I apologize, I didn't mean to sidetrack anyone, I was just wondering what the correlation was, if any, between the carbon frames likely built in the USA, and the aluminum ones from Taiwan or whatever.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Trek's site is showing ETA's of late January to early Feb depending on size. The 9.7's are starting to show up at the warehouses, and 9.8's projected in a month or so (some XL's in stock). They don't build the bikes to order (like project 1) and these are from Taiwan, so it might be any number of things holding up production.

mtbr member
    had a remedy 9 27.5 on order since September. got a call out of the blue from my bike shop that one was shipped yesterday!!! really wasn't figuring i'd actually get one until January or February. no word on what kind of stock trek may or may not have.
    Last edited by whackum; 11-23-2013 at 07:57 PM.

mtbr member
    I demoed the Trek Remedy 2 months ago . After demoing it the dealer said the earliest you might get it was December. A week later I said I couldn't wait that long and I wanted my money back . He sold the demo bike to me on the spot. I been riding the Remedy 2 times a week every week since I bought it and the bike just amazes me . All I can say is
    it is well worth the wait.