mtbr member

Trek gurus (Trek Bicycle Corporation question)

I'm currently writing a paper on Trek bicycles (MTB's in particular). I'm looking for any information about their foreign manufacturing operations (ex. labor, environmental impact, etc.). I've checked their site and emailed them but haven't heard back yet. The internet doesn't have much on that end of their operation...just their facility in Waterloo. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks.

John

Apparently I was asking for company secrets..
    Thanks for writing
    Unfortunately this isnt info that we spec for public use.

Josh xxxx| Trek Bicycle Corporation | Gary Fisher/Trek/Bontrager |
    Technical Support
    Last edited by johnli6; 07-09-2007 at 12:05 PM.

Team Captain
    Jan 2004
    I'm a dealer and they don't even let us know anything, so good luck.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    My guess is that they don't have any Trek-owned overseas operations. Their bikes are probably built by one of the major manufacturers in Taiwan or China like Giant, Kinesis, or Merida and most companies don't exactly like to tout that a competitor makes some of their bikes. Look for info on one of these others companies manufacturing facilities and you might find what you are looking for. It won't be Trek-specific info, though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kdiddy
    My guess is that they don't have any Trek-owned overseas operations. Their bikes are probably built by one of the major manufacturers in Taiwan or China like Giant, Kinesis, or Merida and most companies don't exactly like to tout that a competitor makes some of their bikes. Look for info on one of these others companies manufacturing facilities and you might find what you are looking for. It won't be Trek-specific info, though.
    Yep...I found one brief link on the internet that said something to that effect. Thanks