mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Trek Fuel Suspension Test (home-video)

Hello people!!
    I'm Portuguese, so sorry for bad english.

Yesterday a make a on-board movie, testing my front and rear suspension of my Trek Fuel 90 (2006)

Who said that a Hardtail is better than a Fullsuspension? (just kidding, I respect the HT owners)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_qHymSMGc

mtbr member
    I guess it works. If you could video the front view and edit it into your current vid, that would be great.

I just put together my brother's '01-'04 GT Team i-drive and have been tuning it. I've now got it dialed in and ready to race.

Me personally, I own a '01-? Trek Team 9.8 hardtail. It's race ready as well.

Fat Boy
    What sort of air pressure are you running in the rear?
    Is it the same psi to kg?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    nice vid!

That front end looks nice!

mtbr member
    i thought i saw frame flex too.
    Abington Wheel Wright Freeride Crew

2011 Trek Session 8

2012 Trek Remedy 9

2012 Niner MCR 9

SND. CPS.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I saw that too, but I hardly doubt it will be flexing that much on the street, would it?

I think its just the camera angle, and the way he's swinging the bike back and forth under him trying to build speed.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainforce
    not dissing but you can really see the flex in that frame during the first section - its going from side to side.
    Yes, the frame flex a little in the asfaltic Sprint section of the movie. But the cam oscillates a little bit too.. But, honestly, I don't think that the flex is a problem, the rear triangle is tight, I don't see any mechanical problem, it's all ok.. But if I grab the seat, and pull the wheel to the side with my foot, the wheel and the triangle bends a little...So, the material it is not 100% rigid !! It has to flex! Cannondale Scapel don't have a pivot, it bends the chainsteel (I mean, the down tube of rear triangle, not sure of it's name)..

And remember, in sprint, we apply a lot of lateral forces, that have to be dissipated... How? With tires bending, and frame bending (bending=flexing, isn't it?).

Sorry bad english