mtbr member
    Apr 2006

New question here. Trek Fuel EX-9 vs Gary Fisher 1 DLX

06 Trek Fuel EX-9 vs 06 Gary Fisher 1 DLX

After test these bikes (2006 version), I liked both, but now I'm confused about what bike to buy.

Both bike has aprox. the same Price...Now I need your advice.

Rider of Bikes
    I have a Fisher Cake 1 DLX which I absolutely love. The Manitou Swinger shock works well after you dial it in, and the Fox XTT fork is unbelievable. The Fuel EX 9 is a nice bike, but I was never a fan of Rock Shox. Some people love the PopLock feature, but personally, I don't see a need for it. Also, the Cake 1 DLX is 5" of travel and the Fuel EX 9 is 4". Plus the Cake is black, and black is better. Just my two cents.
    [SIZE="5"]dirtyharrys.net[/SIZE]
    http://dirtyharrys.net

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Cakes have those pivot problems, which seem to be "fixed" every year. You won't be dissappointed in the fuel, although I wish my EX 9 had genesis geo.

Rider of Bikes
    As far as the pivot goes, I believe they have fixed the problem. The redesign includes a third bearing on the drive side of the pivot. I've been riding mine hard for six months with no problems on any kind including chain suck.
    [SIZE="5"]dirtyharrys.net[/SIZE]
    http://dirtyharrys.net

Crash Test Dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeboyjeff
    As far as the pivot goes, I believe they have fixed the problem. The redesign includes a third bearing on the drive side of the pivot. I've been riding mine hard for six months with no problems on any kind including chain suck.

Ditto. Rear pivot seems to be a non-issue now.
    It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care