mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Trek Fuel EX 8 - know where I can get oone?

Does anyone know of a 2006 Trek Fuel EX 8 in medium size for sale brand new?

I may consider a slightly used bike.

jusitn@jdoria.com

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Call your Trek dealer

If you haven't already call your Trek dealer and have them check DEXTER for Trek's inventory. A week a go it showed a lot of Fuel EX9's in stock, but I was looking for a large. With it being late in the model year, you might be able to get an EX9 for the price of an EX8 (or a discount on an EX8). If the shop is ordering it for you, they might be more flexible on price, especially if you pay when the order is placed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Thanks kdiddy. I called the local Trek store. They told me they had none and to wait 3 weeks for the 2007 to come out.

That was my plan - but I wanted to buy a 2006 at a decent discount (I have $10,000 worth of Trek bikes already but my contact at that dealer is now retired) I was trying to get an EX8 for $1800 or an EX9 for $2200-2300.00. Ill call another dealer to see if they will find the bike for me, Ill pay 100% up front if necessary.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

I just saw this:

http://rbikes.com/itemdetails.cfm?id=3231
    I don't know if they would ship this bike, as Trek doesn't allow that sort of thing, but it might be worth calling. They have the medium size you were looking for.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Thanks. I called them, the bike is gone, so are the EX9's. They wont ship to me, but I am going to Chicago Monday for work. It would have been nice to come back with a new bike. The AH store mear me is lookinf for $2100 for a 06 EX8 that they do not even have in the store. I'll ride a tricycle before I let them make that much money off of me. I offered $1750.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    you know that the Fuel EX will change a bit in 2007, don't you? more travel, new pivot on the rear seat stay, Fox suspension (i think). just thought i'd mention it in case you haven't been paying attention...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    It's ok, I have been following, but you have to pull the trigger sometime. I really am a roadie, I just want a MT. bike to take a quick ride with my neighbor or go to the store and not worry about dropping whatever it is that I bought. I want a mid-range bike like the EX8 so I can sell it on Ebay when I am done with it. I also would want to get the experience of riding a "better" it when I go off road to see if I want to start Mt. Biking more. If the 06 EX8 is great, Ill sell it and buy an 07 EX9 in the fall.
    I just moved, and I dont like the Trek dealer near my new house. It reminds me of a low end used car lot or a chop joint. I actually enjoy to break his stones every few days to see if he gives in to my price. He is at the point of not taking my calls, so I now plan to stop in after work on their late night. If he doesnt break by Friday, he can keep the bike, Ill pay more elsewhere and bring it by his store once in a while. If a store can sell this bike for $1499 who has it in stock, I believe this loser who has to get it in from Trek can sell it to me for $1800.
    I already own a 2004 Trek 5200, a 2005 Madone SL 5.9, and a 2005 Pilot 5.2 WSD. I'd say I am a good customer to have, this loser should just sell me the bike. I also just bought a Look 585 with DA10 and Mavic Ksyrium ES online, if this guy played nice, I would have bought it from him. (I am selling the Madone 5.9 as soon as the Look is properly set up - I actually like the 5200 ride better)
    I guess he has too many customers with $15,000 worth of new bikes to maintain.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    i have a 2006 trek fuel ex 8 that is a 19.5" frame. bought it as a close out about four months ago from bikes plus in pensacola, fl but now i want to up grade to a race day slightly used with a couple of scratches from a chainsuck but other than that it looks brand new. 1400$ would be a fair price.