Results 1 to 74 of 74
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    21

    Trek fuel ex 8 2012 specs and images!!!

    Hey,

    I've been looking for this for a while now and since i found it, thought i'd share it with you. Enjoy!

    Trek 2012 Fuel EX 8 Full Suspension MTB | Trek Cross Country | Cross Country

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    21
    Im really not sure on the grey and red but the black looks awesome!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    21

    Trek Fuel Ex8 specs!

    specs=

    Features
    ABP Convert is active suspension under braking, with 142x12
    E2 tapered frame and fork
    15QR
    DRCV fork and shock
    All-new trail geometry
    Frameset
    Frame Alpha Platinum Aluminum w/ABP Convert, Full Floater, E2 tapered head tube, internal front derailleur cable routing, magnesium EVO Link, replaceable derailleur hanger, 120mm travel
    Front Suspension Fox 32 Float RL, Trek DRCV air spring, lockout, rebound, E2 tapered steerer, 15QR thru axle, 120mm travel, tuned by Trek in California
    Rear Suspension Fox Performance Series Float RP-2 w/DRCV, ProPedal, rebound; 7.25x2.0", tuned by Trek in California
    Wheels
    Wheels Bontrager Rhythm Comp TLR Disc wheel system, 15mm front hub, 142x12mm rear hub, 28 hole, Tubeless Ready
    Tires Bontrager XR4 Expert, 26x2.2"
    Drivetrain
    Shifters Shimano SLX M660-10, 10 speed
    Front Derailleur Shimano SLX
    Rear Derailleur Shimano Deore XT M780 Shadow
    Crank Shimano Deore XT M780, 42/32/24
    Bottom Bracket Shimano press fit
    Cassette Shimano HG62-10 11-36, 10 speed
    Pedals n/a
    Components
    Saddle Bontrager Evoke 2, chromoly rails
    Seat Post Bontrager Rhythm Elite, 31.6mm, zero offset
    Handlebars Bontrager Race Lite Low Riser, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 9 degree sweep
    Stem Bontrager Race Lite, 31.8mm
    Grips Bontrager Race Lite, single lock-on
    Headset FSA NO.57E, E2, ACB sealed bearings
    Brakeset Shimano SLX M666 hydraulic disc brakes
    Extras Trek fork & shock sag meter, Bontrager shock pump

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    21
    Trek Fuel Ex 8 2012 Black!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    111
    How come the Trek website not updated yet?

    Fuel Ex looks good... :P

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    21
    Trek will still be trying to sell the 2011 lineup. Also trek world (expo), where they release next seasons models has only just finished. I expect their website to be updated at the end of this month.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    111
    Thanks, can't wait...

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    88
    ah man why must the price jump go up so much?? Maybe the price will be less since I believe that is a UK site. So hopefully its under $2800 cus then I will be calling my LBS tomorrow to order one.
    Last edited by DarkoMTB; 08-11-2011 at 11:51 AM.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    264
    I walked into my shop yesterday and was quoted $2600 for the EX8 2012. After seeing the prices online I quickly paid for it in full and it is being delivered early next week. Lets hope they they don't change the price when I go to pick it up. Of course, my receipt does say "paid in full" so I would have to fight them on it.

    Either way I'm excited to get my hands on it!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    88
    ^^^sweet
    Let us know how it turns out, for $2600 I will be all over it. Guess I better bring my shop some lunch tomorrow to sweeten the deal

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Britishnate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    415
    MSRP is around $2500-2600 the prices on Trekbikes.com are Advertised pricing which is usually more than MSRP.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    637
    Nice find on that site. I'm wondering if those UK prices are accurate:
    2011 Remedy 9.8 $6825
    2012 Remedy 9.8 $5869

    2011 FuelEx 9.7 $4641
    2012 FuelEx 9.7 $4095

    If this is correct, it looks like the carbon bikes are now quite a bit cheaper.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    264
    Well I went back to the shop today and they confirmed that the price was correct at $2600. However, I ended up trying out a remedy while I was there (since my bike has not arrived yet) and fell in love.

    I asked if I could take the remedy instead and they said fine because they would stock the bike I ordered anyway. So........... It's a Remedy for me now!

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by strader View Post
    Nice find on that site. I'm wondering if those UK prices are accurate:
    2011 Remedy 9.8 $6825
    2012 Remedy 9.8 $5869

    2011 FuelEx 9.7 $4641
    2012 FuelEx 9.7 $4095

    If this is correct, it looks like the carbon bikes are now quite a bit cheaper.
    For the 9.8 it seems to be more of a component change for the price change. They are dropping the DT Swiss wheel set for in house Bontranger wheel sets. There are also some other changes between the models. The 9.9 has less changes between the years so hardly a price difference.
    EE that enjoys mountain biking, currently riding a 2011 Remedy 9.8 stock

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    637
    You could build a pretty mean wheelset for $1K!
    Personally I'd take the Reverb over the Joplin, DRCV fork over the Talas, and the adjustable H/A on the 2012 frame. The Bontrager hub on the fuel EX 9.8 demo bike I rode sounded like it was going to fall apart, but those bikes were trashed. Looks like the Bonty wheelset is a 28mm wide rim vs 24mm wide for the DT. I'd rather have the former for a AM class bike like the remedy.
    I imagine the majority of the price diff comes from outsourcing the frame.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by Djg24 View Post
    Well I went back to the shop today and they confirmed that the price was correct at $2600. However, I ended up trying out a remedy while I was there (since my bike has not arrived yet) and fell in love.

    I asked if I could take the remedy instead and they said fine because they would stock the bike I ordered anyway. So........... It's a Remedy for me now!
    Nice, which one did ya get? And how much did it end up costing if you don't mind sharing?

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    383
    Hey Djg24
    ========
    Congratulations for your new bike!!!

    Can you please tell us which REMEDY did ya buy? Is it R7 ? R8 ? 2011 or 2012 ?

    I'm asking cause I'm torn between REMEDY 7 and FUEL EX8.

    Thanks.

  18. #18
    74 & 29 pilot
    Reputation: MTB Pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,270
    Quote Originally Posted by strader View Post
    Nice find on that site. I'm wondering if those UK prices are accurate:
    2011 Remedy 9.8 $6825
    2012 Remedy 9.8 $5869

    2011 FuelEx 9.7 $4641
    2012 FuelEx 9.7 $4095

    If this is correct, it looks like the carbon bikes are now quite a bit cheaper.
    Fuel EX: 9.9 $8929; 9.8 $4989; 9.7 $3839; 9 $3939; 8 $2629; 7 $2259; 6 $2149; 5 $1819

    Remedy: 9.9 $8929; 9.8 $5459; 9 $4399; 8 $3149; 7 $2629

    Slash: 9 $5779; 8 $4729; 7 $3679

    Trek World 2012 - Mountain Biking Pictures - Vital MTB

    MTBP
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    637
    So it looks like the Fuel Ex line went up in price across the board (+$1000 for the 9.9!), while the remedy went up in price at the high end (9.9) by $500 (ouch), stayed the same for the mid range models, and got a bit ($200) cheaper for the 8 and 9 models.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    264
    I ended up getting the 2012 Remedy 7 for the same $2600 that I put down on the Fuel Ex8. I was going to get a Remedy 8 but I liked the black on the 7. Besides that, I already had Shimano XT brakes, cranks, shifters and derailuers as well as Stans FLow rims so I really didn't need the next model up.

    How many posts before I can post pictures?

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pistol79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    200
    You can post pictures at any time....
    2011 Yeti 575 Race
    2008 Gary Fisher Piranha

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    88
    2012 fuel line is up on the trek website now

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkoMTB View Post
    2012 fuel line is up on the trek website now
    Thanks,

    I noticed that the EX 7 appears to be a real bargain at $2259. It lacks the fancy new fork, but still has a Fox with 15mm. The only differences are minor and can be upgraded gradually or as they break.

    What is really remarkable is the EX7 is only $100 more than the EX6.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    117
    Note the Trek site shows the cranks on both the EX7 and EX8 as M552 which is different from the XT cranks mentioned earlier in this thread. Wheels are different too. Perhaps the US version has different specs. The US Trek Pictures are the same color, but reflect the cheaper cranks (doesn't say XT like the early pictures in this thread)

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    39
    Just ordered the 2012 EX8 Black....totally stoked....

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pistol79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by c_trail_biker View Post
    Note the Trek site shows the cranks on both the EX7 and EX8 as M552 which is different from the XT cranks mentioned earlier in this thread. Wheels are different too. Perhaps the US version has different specs. The US Trek Pictures are the same color, but reflect the cheaper cranks (doesn't say XT like the early pictures in this thread)
    I noticed that too. It looks like a cheaper crank and cheaper duster rims also.
    2011 Yeti 575 Race
    2008 Gary Fisher Piranha

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    88
    I noticed that the EX 7 appears to be a real bargain at $2259. It lacks the fancy new fork, but still has a Fox with 15mm. The only differences are minor and can be upgraded gradually or as they break.

    What is really remarkable is the EX7 is only $100 more than the EX6.[/QUOTE]

    From what I can see and what my buddy who works at a bike shop told me is that the new ex 7 is basically last years ex 8. And the 7 is probably the best deal you can get on a full suspension bike if you want all fox suspension and good components. I wanted a 7 until I was convinced to pay the extra for the 8.

    And as you said with the 7 over the 6, Trek is the best with their pricing. I would pick the ex 8 over specialized's stumpjumper comp, which is $2750 and no fox fork. For almost $3000, I want to have fox on my bike even though I know rock shox makes great stuff, for that money I wouldnt feel complete in my bike choice without having them.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    528
    I would pick the ex 8 over specialized's stumpjumper comp, which is $2750 and no fox fork. For almost $3000, I want to have fox on my bike even though I know rock shox makes great stuff, for that money I wouldnt feel complete in my bike choice without having them.

    From what I've seen on the internet Specialized has decided against using Rockshox's 20mm maxle light fork on their stumpjumper (26er)line. The maxle is a huge reason to use a Rockshox fork I have in fact I feel that it's actually stiffer than Fox/Shimano's 15mm q/r.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    88
    Well I just left my lbs and pulled the trigger on a 2012 ex 8 matte titanium color. Said its in stock and should be here hopefully by next weekend for its maiden voyage

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stunnerable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    338

    ... and if we just ...

    Saw the 2012 EX8 at my lbs today in the matte Ti color and all I can say is WOW!!! Ultra sexy bike which I am buying. Seriously after seeing that color I don't know why you'd buy black. The pictures do not do this color justice. The red is so striking in person. I can't wait!

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    21
    Just ordered a 2012 EX 8 in Ti. Should be here this weekend.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stunnerable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    338
    Yeah I got mine before Christmas but haven't posted pics yet. I absolutely love the bike!

    Tough to get dialed in though.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    21
    I have only ridden mine twice so far, but am finding it a bit difficult to get dialed in as well. Used Trek's recommendations, and they were way too soft. I'm going to up the PSI a bit and see how it is. I love the bike so far otherwise though. I did buy some crappy pedals to try out because I haven't made the jump to clipless yet. I'm thinking of getting some Azonic Fusions, Diety Compounds, or other flas for something a little bit better, but still fairly inexpensive.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    i love my bike!

    doesn't say much though coming from a hardtail. whether it is dialed or not i am not sure...
    didn't bottom out hard and it handled everything i threw at it at Dupont/Tsali/Bent Creek in WNC.

    a few more posts and i can link to all the videos...if you want go to youtube my username is donkeyfacer

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    21
    So how bummed am I to figure out that m552's are not SLX? My new 2012 EX 8 has m552 cranks on it which I originally thought were comparable to SLX...but just figured out that they are not. How much real difference are there in the two besides the weight? I have a 4 year old LX crankset on my Marin hardtail that I love and want to know if it will make that much difference on my new EX8...or should I just ride the 552's a few years or until they wear out and then replace with SLX or XT?

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by chichantes View Post
    So how bummed am I to figure out that m552's are not SLX? My new 2012 EX 8 has m552 cranks on it which I originally thought were comparable to SLX...but just figured out that they are not. How much real difference are there in the two besides the weight? I have a 4 year old LX crankset on my Marin hardtail that I love and want to know if it will make that much difference on my new EX8...or should I just ride the 552's a few years or until they wear out and then replace with SLX or XT?
    They work fine for me and have caused no problems. I doubt you'll notice much difference if you switch to slx and IMO you can spend the money better elsewhere. I've been told that they are slx chainrings with deore cranks. I would ride them until they break and then replace with higher end stuff.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by Antikid View Post
    i love my bike!

    doesn't say much though coming from a hardtail. whether it is dialed or not i am not sure...
    didn't bottom out hard and it handled everything i threw at it at Dupont/Tsali/Bent Creek in WNC.

    a few more posts and i can link to all the videos...if you want go to youtube my username is donkeyfacer
    Should have taken it to Pisgah while you were here then. There are plenty of places in Pisgah to use up all that travel.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by erikrc10 View Post
    Should have taken it to Pisgah while you were here then. There are plenty of places in Pisgah to use up all that travel.
    we wanted to, but only had 2.5 days. next time...

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5
    My 2012 EX 8. Quick view. I've had it for 2 months and love it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trek fuel ex 8 2012 specs and images!!!-427144_235324006559342_100002452328015_491312_831109322_n.jpg  

    Trek fuel ex 8 2012 specs and images!!!-428985_243727359052340_100002452328015_510061_169945297_n.jpg  

    2012 Trek Fuel EX 8

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by stunnerable View Post
    Saw the 2012 EX8 at my lbs today in the matte Ti color and all I can say is WOW!!! Ultra sexy bike which I am buying. Seriously after seeing that color I don't know why you'd buy black. The pictures do not do this color justice. The red is so striking in person. I can't wait!
    Amen for that.
    I disliked this mix of colors but when I saw it on hand I saw how pretty is it

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stunnerable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    338
    Funny... I did white grips too. I also did white pedals. It helps! LoL

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Britishnate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    415
    Just got mine yesterday!








  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18
    stupid question...I have a '12 EX8 that is matte black. When did this new color scheme come out that bayarea707 and britishnate have?

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Britishnate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by bayarea rider View Post
    stupid question...I have a '12 EX8 that is matte black. When did this new color scheme come out that bayarea707 and britishnate have?
    It has been available all year as far as I know.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by bayarea rider View Post
    stupid question...I have a '12 EX8 that is matte black. When did this new color scheme come out that bayarea707 and britishnate have?
    I'm not sure when it arrived in stores, but Trek listed the other color on its website when the bike was announced. One LBS here only had black and the other had the Ti. I had the first store order mine in Ti. Here's a pretty bad pic of mine (the camera on my phone sucks and I was in a hurry to get back to riding)...

    Trek fuel ex 8 2012 specs and images!!!-%3D_utf-8_b_su1hmdaxotqtmjaxmjazmjitmtkyni5qcgc%3D_%3D.jpg

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    17
    this is the bike I want to buy, I have posted this thread please all users help me:

    I´m tryng to know with is the correct size for me before purchase.
    I have use competitivecyclist.com fit calculator but it´s not clear to me.

    These are my measurements I´d like your advise to decide with size is my correct one 18,5" or 19,5".

    All measurements are in centimetres (european guy ;-)):
    inseam=88,5
    trunk=64,75
    forearm=34
    arm=67,75
    thigh=64,5
    lowerleg=57
    sternal notch=150,5
    total body height=180

    The use for bike is cross country.......no competition.

    Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by bayarea rider View Post
    stupid question...I have a '12 EX8 that is matte black. When did this new color scheme come out that bayarea707 and britishnate have?
    Like everyone else said, I saw the two color schemes the day the 2012's were
    put on Trek's website.


    Hey Britishnate! Thanks for the good pics!
    2012 Trek Fuel EX 8

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by stunnerable View Post
    Funny... I did white grips too. I also did white pedals. It helps! LoL
    Post up some pics. I would like to see it
    2012 Trek Fuel EX 8

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    21
    One quick question on my 2012 EX 8...is it normal to have to pump up your rear suspension before every ride if the bike has been sitting for a few days? I usually ride with my rear suspension about 180 PSI. However if it sits a few days after riding and I plug my suspension pump into it, the pressure has been as low as 90 (sitting a week or so). Is it normal to have that much pressure leak out over a week with no use? It doesn't seem to happen in my front fork...in fact, my front fork rarely changes pressure no matter how long it sits. I do understand that the reading may be a little off due to the air pressure in the tube of the pump, but not this much. This is my first full suspension, so I'm still in the learning curve portion...but I hate having to air it up so much prior to each ride. Thoughts???

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gunner.989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    61
    Hey chichantes,

    Try screwing in your pump 1 and a half more turns to 2 turns after your initial air pressure reading it should let the second valves air in and have a higher psi reading. If that does not solve your problem I think you should see your LBS

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by chichantes View Post
    One quick question on my 2012 EX 8...is it normal to have to pump up your rear suspension before every ride if the bike has been sitting for a few days? I usually ride with my rear suspension about 180 PSI. However if it sits a few days after riding and I plug my suspension pump into it, the pressure has been as low as 90 (sitting a week or so). Is it normal to have that much pressure leak out over a week with no use? It doesn't seem to happen in my front fork...in fact, my front fork rarely changes pressure no matter how long it sits. I do understand that the reading may be a little off due to the air pressure in the tube of the pump, but not this much. This is my first full suspension, so I'm still in the learning curve portion...but I hate having to air it up so much prior to each ride. Thoughts???
    nope, this seems to be a common issue with the 2012 ex 8 bikes. I have the same issue and am getting ready to have the lbs ship out the rear shock. If you do a search on this forum you'll see quite a few others are having the same issue.

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by kev321 View Post
    nope, this seems to be a common issue with the 2012 ex 8 bikes. I have the same issue and am getting ready to have the lbs ship out the rear shock. If you do a search on this forum you'll see quite a few others are having the same issue.
    Thanks for the quick response. I did some searching, but couldn't find anything specific to air leaks except an old post from 2010. The only thing I saw on the 2012's is an oil leak in the rear suspension. I'm going to take it to my LBS and if the answer is not satisfying, then call Fox. I don't think it should be loosing that much air pressure when it sits for a week. 10 PSI is one thing...100 or more is another.

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    mine has not leaked at all in ~65miles and that is about 2 months fwiw

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    21
    Called Fox, they said something was wrong, that rear should not be losing pressure and to either send it in to them or take to LBS to send in...and that it would probably take two weeks. Went to LBS, told them the prob, and they said they'd take a look. LBS called the next day and said they went ahead and replaced rear shock with a brand new one...TALK ABOUT SERVICE!!!!

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kithannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by chichantes View Post
    Called Fox, they said something was wrong, that rear should not be losing pressure and to either send it in to them or take to LBS to send in...and that it would probably take two weeks. Went to LBS, told them the prob, and they said they'd take a look. LBS called the next day and said they went ahead and replaced rear shock with a brand new one...TALK ABOUT SERVICE!!!!
    And that is why you purchase at your LBS rather than the internet.

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    16
    Man I really that 2 tone combo! I saw the matte black today.

    I checked out the EX8 today at my local Trek dealership in Fort Lauderdale, FL. I bought my Hybrid 7.3 there. They said it they can discount the EX8 to $2,600 and add a few accessories for free. I am thinking of waiting for the July sale so I get a larger discount and can do 12 months on the Trek card instead of 6 months now.

    But by July are the 2013's starting to come out? I understand it will cost msrp.

  57. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kithannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachmunas View Post
    Man I really that 2 tone combo! I saw the matte black today.

    I checked out the EX8 today at my local Trek dealership in Fort Lauderdale, FL. I bought my Hybrid 7.3 there. They said it they can discount the EX8 to $2,600 and add a few accessories for free. I am thinking of waiting for the July sale so I get a larger discount and can do 12 months on the Trek card instead of 6 months now.

    But by July are the 2013's starting to come out? I understand it will cost msrp.
    Yeah, the 2013's will be out around then, by August apparently, with some trickling out before supposedly. $2600 isn't a fantastic deal this late in the game, my brand new '11 was far less than $2k out the door. I don't see why you couldn't save at least a few hundred more at this point, or get $2600 OTD with a few accessories, like a decent helmet, maybe some gloves, riding shorts and/or getting them to change the tire setup to tubeless. Doesn't cost them much but would cost you to have done. I dunno, just some ideas. The black is nice though
    2011 Trek EX8 Matte Sepia

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    16
    Yeah I thought the price was high. I already paid over $2,000 on my 7.3 and my fiancées 7100. All I got was a free kick stand, lol. He said he could throw in some stuff with the ex though but I think I'll wait for the 13' or July sale. Thanks!

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    i got my '12 ex 8 for $2250+tax in feb. got 10% off due to price matching another shops sale.

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Antikid View Post
    i got my '12 ex 8 for $2250+tax in feb. got 10% off due to price matching another shops sale.
    wow. you got a good deal. that is a very good price for a great bike!

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    16
    Which store has that deal before going to trek? Thanks!

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    it was a strange deal. the shop that had 10% off wouldn't sell me the bike right away. i would have had to pay them a deposit,
    then pay the bike off within a month or by the time the actual sale weekend was.
    and about a week or so after that i would have got the bike. since they are a one building mom and pop store i figured they would
    want to sell me a 2500 bike, but they wouldnt do it.
    so i went back to the trek store and they gave me 10% off and i got the bike within 4 days

    TEAM Cycling & Fitness is Cincinnati's Best Bike Shop! We sell Bicycles from Trek, Gary Fisher Collection, Seven Cycles and Scott. < they had the sale going and it sucks because they seemed like a cool shop.
    oh well got the bike in time for my asheville NC trip and LOVE it

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2
    Got my eyes on an EX8 but having a hard time making the call as my test ride lacked a good climb and a technical descent. Price is right, fit pretty good (17.5) although I did feel a little stretched out torso-wise and the components fit the bill. For you guys that have had your EX8's for a while now, is the honeymoon over or are you still lovin' it?

  64. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gunner.989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    61
    I Been riding my fuel since March and love it more every ride the bike rails through the corners incredibly handles big hit easy and has minimal pedal bob only when standing do you get bob and its so little. The bike jumps well the brakes are great I rode a 29er last year and yes it makes some technical sections easier but in my opinion takes the fun out of riding. You cant go wrong with this bike and I feel once you break the shock and fork in it rides even better. The bike descend like a dream only thing holding it back on the descents is me. Final thought I love this bike more then ever only wish I had more money to get the 9.8 but hey maybe in the near future. Cheers good luck and hoped this helped.

  65. #65
    MTB NEWB!!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    47
    I've had my '12 EX 8 for a few months now, and I can't seem to keep it in the garage! I just love riding it.. Even commuting it's fun.. It's been so much fun I am finding myself upgrading it just because I feel it's worth upgrading. My previous bikes didn't get carbon bars, and the like.. This one deserves it!

    I think you'll be happy with it, assuming it fits you well. I say go for it!

  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks Gunner and DSM! For now I'll have to wait on the purchase (funds!) so I'm dialing in my Santa Cruz Blur XC and hope to finish out this season strong on my old steed. I can dream about a Fuel EX8 for now. Enjoy your rides!

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stunnerable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    338
    I've dragged my feet since December not posting a pic of my girl. Well here she is in my storage room before my ride today. Only upgrades are white flats, white odi grips and I went tubeless. Other than that shes stock.... for now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trek fuel ex 8 2012 specs and images!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1344908541245.jpg  


  68. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by stunnerable View Post
    I've dragged my feet since December not posting a pic of my girl. Well here she is in my storage room before my ride today. Only upgrades are white flats, white odi grips and I went tubeless. Other than that shes stock.... for now.
    Great looking bike...I have the same one (all stock with XT pedals), but haven't posted it yet either. Which flats and ODI grips are those and do you like them? I'm going to get a pair of flats and need some new grips the stock ones have a tear in them.

  69. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation: armoredsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    114
    i am about 99% in getting one from my LBS on closeout for $2399 right now - just need to decide the matte black or gray/red

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stunnerable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by chichantes View Post
    Great looking bike...I have the same one (all stock with XT pedals), but haven't posted it yet either. Which flats and ODI grips are those and do you like them? I'm going to get a pair of flats and need some new grips the stock ones have a tear in them.

    Not sure what flats I have but I'll find out. Love the odi's. http://www.odigrips.com/ruffianlock-ongrip130mm.aspx
    Can't go wrong with them.

  71. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stunnerable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    338
    I love this color combo!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trek fuel ex 8 2012 specs and images!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1345065855561.jpg  

    Trek fuel ex 8 2012 specs and images!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1345065890055.jpg  


  72. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: armoredsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by stunnerable View Post
    I love this color combo!
    Sounds like you're an Ohio State Buckeyes fan too, eh?

  73. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stunnerable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by armoredsaint View Post
    Sounds like you're an Ohio State Buckeyes fan too, eh?

    LoL... never thought about that. Maybe I secretly do!

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11
    thing looks nice!

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 RFX geo specs?
    By jgusta in forum Turner
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 08:01 PM
  2. 2012 Kona w/specs here....
    By caspar in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 12:57 PM
  3. 2010 Trek Top Fuel 8 vs 2011 Trek Fuel EX 8
    By David S - Sydney in forum Trek
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 07:08 PM
  4. Trek Fuel 70 specs
    By Nopetrol in forum Trek
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2006, 06:15 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-09-2005, 06:21 AM

Members who have read this thread: 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •