mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Trek Fuel 9.9 BB bearings.

Hey guys,

Im needing to replace my Bottom bracket bearings but im not sure which ones i need exactly.

Ive got a trek fuel EX 9.9 2011

Ive had a look and i think its a BB95 Trek integrated Truvativ GXP BB kit, but im not sure if i need oversized or standard?

Any help or links to what i need would be appreciated,

Oh btw im from the uk Scotland

Cheers, lank

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Ok, the BB you have is essentially just bearings and the seals. Its like a normal external BB but the bearing shell/carriers which you would normally screw into the shell are now incorporated into the frame.

There is no 'oversized or standard' here. Just don't get a BB30 bearing set, which is another standard entirely. A trek dealer is a good place to try and get these from, as they will be able to supply exactly the right bits for you.
    Rimmer - "There's an old human saying - if you talk garbage, expect pain"

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    As was stated, if you are unsure please visit a Trek dealer. You can buy all of the bearings at real world cycling if you are positive of what you need. As far as oversized bearings, there are two sizes that are slightly different with the larger outter diameter bearing being used for times when the normal size bearing is loose in the frame. Only the trek dealer can help you with this properly. If you are an original owner and have a warranty on the frame, let them check it to diagnose if the bearing is loose in the frame (out of spec) or just worn out and loose in the bearing race. I've replace two carbon fuel ex frames due to loose bearings and a buddy just replaced (warranty for all of these frames) his superfly carbon due to the bearings.

Good luck

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Lanky_Yanke,

These two above are no help at all. The kit you need is 415734 BB for SRAM. I had this problem when I bought a Trek and the dealer gave me the wrong BB set and told me this was the correct one. They may be hard to get, it took 2 months before Trek had them in stock and I called almost every Trek dealer or superstore in California to no avail. It cost's around $20 US dollars. If you need any other assistance since feel free to PM me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Part number 415734 is the narrow q factor kit used on Top Fuels and Elite hardtails. He actually needs part number 404700 for his 2011 Fuel EX 9.9.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Yeah you are right, I looked the compatibility chart that came with the bearings. He does need that part and it should be a lot easier to find than the one I needed for my bike. If you cannot find it, I have a brand new one laying around.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I hate when I am "no help at all" because I tell somebody where to buy the part they need and make a recommendation of inspection by a trek shop of a bottom bracket issue that can wreck a frame in a ride. A loose bearing in a frame will kill it.

I suppose I should have recommended the wrong part as that is probably a better way to get this guy, who wasn't even sure of his type of bottom bracket and probably shouldn't be replacing it himself, on a ride as soon as possible.