mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Smile trek EX 27.5 bikes

I heard today that trek is going to have a EX 27.5 bikes soon!

mtbr member
    Yesh, I heard that too. I hope they put better colors on the "lower end" models. Yes, that is a superficial statement, but I don't give a crap.....if I am to spend $2500 on a bike, at least have a decent color selection....there it is.
    Confucius say, "Man with itchy butt wake up with stinky finger."

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Keith Bontrager posted a picture on Twitter of him testing a Fuel EX 27.5 prototype. I think he called it a 2015 or 2016 model though.

Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by kdiddy View Post
    Keith Bontrager posted a picture on Twitter of him testing a Fuel EX 27.5 prototype. I think he called it a 2015 or 2016 model though.
    So it'll be out next month then!!

Love4Mtns
    May 2009
    Here's the link, he's saying 2016.

https://twitter.com/Keith_Bontrager/...45360480997376

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Agree.About the color both the Remedy 9 and Slash 9 2014 models look sweet. I'm thinking about selling my 2013 Trek Fuel EX8 just to get either one of those bikes. The Fuel is from a warranty claim so I won't be out any money I do like the Remedy 7 color, I just wish it was better spec'd.
    “Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.” H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I thought Trek did away with model years when they released the Fuel and Remedy this early summer? Interesting though.....I suppose if there is enough demand. They probably will dump the 26er. If it was on twitter maybe a spring release?
    2014 Niner RIP 9 (Roval Carbon wheels, Pike)

Sold:
    Trek Fuel EX8 29er (Rhythm Pro wheels, 2x conversion)

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Fuel EX 27.5 is exactly what I want: a trail bike light enough to xc race. I hope Trek brings this to market soon.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mark43 View Post
    Fuel EX 27.5 is exactly what I want: a trail bike light enough to xc race. I hope Trek brings this to market soon.
    I've been looking at reviews regarding 26 vs 27.5
    Bikemag claims at times the see no reason for a 27.5
    Esep their yeti sb66

Would trek be the same?
    I reckon its all marketing hype.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by camelunderwear View Post
    I've been looking at reviews regarding 26 vs 27.5
    Bikemag claims at times the see no reason for a 27.5
    Esep their yeti sb66

Would trek be the same?
    I reckon its all marketing hype.
    Its all pretty subjective as of now. I can tell you this, I can absolutely tell the difference in rollover from 26 inch wheels. No doubt about it. There is also all sorts of variables like bike Geo, trail ridden, rider ability etc., etc.

IMO it suits my needs (or wants really) so I think its more than marketing.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    There is for sure a difference between 26 and 29ers. Better or worst is another discussion. But the 27.5ers as everyone mentions are much closer to 26ers so I am not sure whether any real difference will be easy to understand or just a placebo effect.

The 27.5ers are communicated as the best of both worlds. They role better than 26ers and are lighter than 29ers. But others say that they are the worst of both worlds. Heavier than 26ers and role worst than 29ers!

Personally I wouldn't change my 26er for a 27.5. But if I was planning to buy another bike anyway I would have considered them as an option.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Paris Galanis View Post
    There is for sure a difference between 26 and 29ers. Better or worst is another discussion. But the 27.5ers as everyone mentions are much closer to 26ers so I am not sure whether any real difference will be easy to understand or just a placebo effect.

The 27.5ers are communicated as the best of both worlds. They role better than 26ers and are lighter than 29ers. But others say that they are the worst of both worlds. Heavier than 26ers and role worst than 29ers!

Personally I wouldn't change my 26er for a 27.5. But if I was planning to buy another bike anyway I would have considered them as an option.
    As someone who currently has a 29er and a 26er I completely agree with this assessment. I am looking for another bike right now so I am definitely considering a 27.5 for a do it all trail bike. You could look at it so many ways and depending on the terrain you are riding your results will vary.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I am pretty sure Trek would replace the 26" Fuel EX with the 27.5, not just add a 27.5 to the Fuel line up.