mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Trek Credit Card

Has anyone had issues with the Trek credit card? For the first time, I used it and bought a bike this past weekend, as the 6 months interest free financing is very nice. That being said, my fiance works with someone who said he had some problems with the card when he sent money in at the end for his bike.

Has anyone else had issues? Should I use registered mail when sending my payment in or am I being overly paranoid? I simply don't want to wind up paying 6 months of interest.
    "Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." -Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I've never had trouble and have used it for two bikes. Actually, I found them to be very easy to deal with when there was a mix up on how the card was run through. The transaction was supposed to have 6 months same as cash but was run through without that promo, with a 10 min. phone call I got it all squared away. Always paid off before the end of the term and never had any issues.

I like butter
    Jan 2004
    I pay all my bills with them online, that way you can see when everything goes through. Never a problem with any of my purchases with the Trek Card or have not heard any of my customers complain about it

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Trek C.C.

I've purchased four bikes with the Trek Credit Card. I've always paid my bikes off on time and have never had any issues. I have used a combination of both e-payment and snail-mail payments without any problems. You should be just fine.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    For what its worth, I've used other "like" deals in the past (not the Trek card specifically) and just made a point of paying off the entire balance 1 month early. Doing so would give ample time to see the posted payment and zero balance. True, you miss out on 1 month of the "free" money, however, I'd rather have the piece of mind knowing that I won't be paying X months of interest.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Many thanks to all. I feel better knowing that they aren't out to "get" me. Hearing a few bad stories can make one think so.

ANd I will probably pay it off a month early just for the peace of mind.

Many thanks!
    "Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." -Albert Einstein

WooHoo Biking!!!!
    I purchased 3 bicycles with my trek card and I have never had any issues. I paid off all of the bicycles before the 6 months of no interest.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Can you buy other non-trek items from the trek dealer on this card? Don't have one, just curious. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaBulldawg View Post
    Can you buy other non-trek items from the trek dealer on this card? Don't have one, just curious. Thanks
    yes you can.

i recently asked this question on a LBS that carried YETI, SALSA bikes other than TREKs.
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO
    2012 TREK SUPERFLY AL ELITE

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Buy a bike 6mos interest free? I don't see that mentioned anywhere on trekbikes.com, just the card application etc.

Is the 6mos interest free something that is determined by each individual dealer or something?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    bought my bikes using the TREK CARDs and IS 12months interest free...

you saying its only 6 makes me think but i trust my wife has that covered. she would not have agreed if it were not at least a year interest free.
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO
    2012 TREK SUPERFLY AL ELITE

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    The offers most likely vary. Just like Home Depot will have specials of 12, 18 or 24 months interest free, the normal for them is just 6 months. So I would imagine Trek's card would be similar.... have a normal interest free period and then run specials at times to try to encourage some purchasing.
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    i bought my fuel ex8 a couple months ago, if memory serves me correct all purchases over 1k received 12 months interest free and under 1k got 6 months free. it was tough to find where the current promotions are, just called my LBS and they knew right away.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    It depends on the purchase price. Anything over $1000 is 12 months no interest with a minimum monthly payment, anything between $400 and $999 is 6 months no interest with a minimum monthly payment.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I love the trek card have never had any Problems

DaFaJa
    Quote Originally Posted by Dash21182 View Post
    I love the trek card have never had any Problems
    Don't let it go over that free 6mo's...after that you will be paying 29+% on that card...
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 Carbon/ xx1 / xo type2
    Tampa FL USA

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbinworks View Post
    Don't let it go over that free 6mo's...after that you will be paying 29+% on that card...
    or 12 depending on the purchase total. its a good deal as long as you follow the rules, most of the people that get pissed about the card are the ones that dont read the rules or dont pay on time.

noob
    cash is king
    2007 Fisher Rig
    2011 Trek Paragon
    2013 Trek Madone 2.1

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    It's up to the shop whether to give you 6 or 12 months so hit them up for 12.
    I've had no trouble whatsoever with them.
    2014 Jamis Dakar XCT 650b Pro

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    No problems with the card. I was apprehensive at first. Like mentioned before, just pay it off before the interest starts, and you are golden!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    My only issue with it was getting a credit limit that worked... I have good credit, make good money and expressed the bike I wanted on the app (12' Fuel 8) but they cleared me for a $1,250 spending limit. It took a few calls and a couple supervisors to get that cleared up.

What pissed me off though...

I paid off my Fuel 8 after maybe 5 months... I call back to get the limit raised so I could snag a 12' Session 88. Got the run around, was told to apply for the credit increase online, credit increase did nothing, ran through two more supervisors, the latter of two:

Her: "We can't increase your limit any farther that what the web site will allow for"
    Me: "Yes you do, please check my account history. You manually raised it six months ago"
    Her: "Well that was a one time thing"

So Trek and my LBS didn't directly get my business for my DH bike, I bought one used on Pinkbike. Zero regrets on that one.

I'm going to go through this process again this spring when I go to replace my Fuel with a Slash... I'm not exactly expecting them to be helpful

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    No issues with any of my purchases on my card with 0% purchases either. Like some others said I usually pay them off a month before just to be safe.

I also purchased other items with the bikes for the 0% . LBS just requires at least 1 Trek bike be on the purchase but can add anything else you want.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    The requirement to buy a Trek bike is just that shop. I just paid for my Specialized Camber Comp with a few "toys" for it on the card and got the 12 months no interest. I think a shop will lean towards selling the bike they make the most $$$ on.... at my shop, it is very much Spec while they also sell Trek.
    Fat guys need bikes too.