Thread: Trek Card?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Trek Card?

I was wondering if anyone has used the Trek Credit Card? I am thinking about getting a Trek and financing it. Is it a good idea or should I steer clear from it?

mtbr member
    I think it all depends on the interest rate. There doesn't seem to be any benefit other than no payment for 180 days. Personally, I'd look for one of those 0% for xx number of days/months deals. That way you can buy the bike now and work out your payments so you pay it off before paying interest.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    For most larger purchases you can get 12 month financing. Ask your local trek dealer for details but my local dealer will give free 0% financing for all trek card purchases over $1000.

Weiner Dog Connoiseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinshield
    I think it all depends on the interest rate. There doesn't seem to be any benefit other than no payment for 180 days. Personally, I'd look for one of those 0% for xx number of days/months deals. That way you can buy the bike now and work out your payments so you pay it off before paying interest.
    Just make sure you read the fine print and that you make your payments on time, or else they'll slam you with "deferred interest" payments.

Another idea is to use a credit card that has one of those promotional rates for 6 to 12 months and use that to finance the bike...but again, read the fine print and make sure you make your payments on time.

mtbr member
    Trek cards rock, just ask my EX 7, its like getting a bike for free- you just have to sign this little paper...

Seriously, when I bought my bike I used the Trek card. I got the no interest for a year deal. i paid it off before the year was up so it worked out for me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    sorry to threadjack...used my trek card to get this: Out with the old...

12 months no interest!!!