Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Trek 820 WSD

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jmaxin 
#1 ·
Hey all!

My GF is wanting to pick up a 2010 820 WSD. They've got several in stock at our LBS, however, I'm not having any luck finding any info online about it. I'm assuming the specs are the same as the standard 820, but would like to know for sure. She'd also like to know what color selections are available etc..

Why is it that even Trek's website doesn't list the WSD model? Anyone have a resource for more information on this years model of the 820 WSD?

Thanks,

Justin

#2 ·
In their print catalog they don't list a WSD specific model, just the XS 13" and S 16" versions. Could it be that the salesfolk is just looking at a 13" frame and assuming it's a WSD model?

#3 ·
The 820 WSD isn't even on the Trek website, however it is on the Trek dealer website.

The color listed is "White" no images or anything either coming up right now. I imagine it would have the same specs as the men's 820 though.

#4 ·
It is definitely the women's model. The men's color scheme is a dark blue/white/black. The womens is a light blue\white\black and there is a definite difference between the men's 13.5" and the women's 16"...it's definitely a step-thru. The thought had occurred to me that they had the model year listed wrong, but I was able to find images of the 2009 online and the color scheme was different.

I submitted feedback to the Trek website letting them know it's not listed, so hopefully they get it up there

Thanks for helping me search!

#5 ·
Got a response back from Trek:

RE: TrekBikes.com FAQ - Trek 820 WSD
"Consumer, Trek" <Trek_Consumer@trekbikes.com>

Hey Justin-
It seems the 820 WSD was missed for some reason when we were building the 2010 site. Unfortunately we don't have an image for me to email you. Your best bet is to head to your local Trek dealer and talk to them about the bike.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

Heather Abraham|Trek Bicycle Corporation

#6 ·
I purchased one for myself about a week ago. It was the 820 or the Hardrock. I chose the 820 for the price and also at entry level mountain bikes, the differences aren't really drastic. By far the best $350 I ever spent. I'll post some pics tomorrow or the day after, mines black, blue and white with black rims, its a beast. Parts on mine include Shimano gear shifters, Bontrager rims, tires, handlebar, I don't know the brand of the V-brakes, but most parts that don't involve the "mechanism" of the bike is by Bontrager and the rest by Shimano. A little on the heavier side, but definitely worth its price and some more.

#7 ·
That's exactly what my GF is after...just something to get her started with fairly decent components from a quality company. I realized it's a bit heavier and because of that, I'll be packing most of the gear on my ride and myself. It is also at a great pricepoint, on sale for $50 off for our LBS' yearly sale. God willing, she'll get more into riding with me and it's a low enough price point that she'll be able to toss it up on Craigslist after a season or so and get a few dollars towards a bike that's a bit closer to what she might want at that point in time.

Glad to hear your enjoying it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.