mtbr member

... and if we just ... Trek 800 sport st questions

I just picked up a Trek 800 sport st frame for $15 in great shape, I put all my components off of another bike onto it, is there any way to mount disk brakes to the rear? I am on a budget as well, what would some decent trigger shifters be? This does not have to be all top of the line or the lightest, I am just looking to put together a half decent hard tail. So far I added Marzocchi forks, deore hydraulic brakes, and a set off wheels from my other bike. The rear is a sram x4 deraileur, and an sr suntour crank set. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Justin

mtbr member
    Justin, the "ways" to mount disc brakes to the rear of the bike aren't worth it: heavy, expensive and you still need a compatible rear wheel. I suggest you stick with good vee-brakes back there. If you want to buy a build kit that will upgrade the drivetrain, check out the SRAM X7 drivetrain build kit at PricePoint: under $300 for upgrades that will be significant to your bike and reliable.

Don't spend too much on it. Just ride!

WooHoo Biking!!!!
    They spoke about a brake adapter in this post: A2Z Disk Brake Adapter for frames without disk mount, anyone try one?

I have never tried it, but it looks pretty heavy-duty.