Trek 69er Singlespeed Frankenbike (full album)
I wanted to build something "different" for 2013. Doesn't get much more different than a new 69er rigid single speed.
FULL ALBUM: Trek 69er "Oddball" - Imgur
Frame: 17.5" Trek 69er SS
Fork: Niner Carbon Rigid
Wheels: Stan's Crest, DT Swiss Supercomp Spokes, Chris King Ceramic hubset
Tires: 29" 2.4 Maxxis Ardent EXO, 26" 2.25 Maxxis Ardent EXO
Crank: Sram XO
Chainring: MRP 32t Bling Ring
Bottom Bracket: Chris King
Cog: Chris King 18t
Pedals: Shimano XTR
Saddle: Fizik Gobi XM K:IUM rails
Seatpost: Bontrager XXX carbon
Handlebars: Bontrager RXL carbon
Stem: Bontrager XXX carbon
Headset: Chris King
Brakeset: Shimano XTR Trail w/ XT 160 rotors
Trek 69er SS (in progress), Trek Superfly, GT Force Carbon Expert, Trek Madone 6.2
I built up a similar bike this winter.
<a href="http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/danieln123000/media/photo.jpg.html" target="_blank"><img src="http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u414/danieln123000/photo.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo photo.jpg"/></a>
It is a trek 69 1 X 9 speed.
Hayes Stroker Trail hydraulic disc brakes.
Easton Haven wheelset
Prologo Scratch Pro saddle
Sram XO shifter and Rear D.
Thomson Elite seatpost.
Race face crankset.
Weighs in at about 22lb. I've mostly used it on the road this winter/spring and its really fast.
I love the 69er. So different and so fun to ride. It gets weird looks from people as well. It's the Only MTB I have right now and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Glad to see some other people building and enjoying them as much as me!!! Enjoy!
- Trek '10 Black/Tan 69er Frame
- Fox F29 FIT RLC 80mm G2 Geometry (from ss GF superfly) (black)
- Niner Flat Top 9 Handlebar (red)
- Crank Brothers Cobalt 3 Stem (black/gold)
- Oury lock on Grips (black)
- Thompson Elite Setback Seatpost (black)
- WTB Rocket v ti Seat (black)
- Schimano Saint SS Crank (black/gold)
- Chris King 17t rear cog/Salsa 32t front (orange)
- Chris King Headset (black)
- Sram Avid Elixer CR Brakes 160mm (Red/Black)
- Stans custom 29/26 Arch Rims (black/gold nipples)
- Stans Raven 29/26 (2.4,2.2) and Schwalbe Nobby Nic 29 with Schwalbe 26 Fat Albert Rear (Both 2.25) (All tubeless)
- Crank Brothers egg beater
- Bontrager spacers (carbon fiber)
- Bontrager seatpost clamp (black)
- Bontrager water bottle holder (red orange)
Wow! Three nice bikes, but the first two...holy smokes, guys!
What does the SS weigh, wearing all that uber bling?
Here's my recent rebuild. It's a year 2000 Trek 9.8 carbon converted to full rigid 69'er 1x10 with the fattest tires that will fit. I managed to go 29" in the front and still keep the original geometry. After doing a lot of research, I just accepted this frame is going to need a V-brake in the back.
30T Raceface narrow/wide ring
11-36 10-speed XT cassette
Shimano Zee rear derailleur
Shimano SLX cranks
Shimano XT 180mm front disc brakes
Avid rear V-brakes
WTB Rocket V saddle
29" Stans/Hope front wheel
Lots of cheap carbon stuff from China - fork, stem, bars, seat post
Leftover from the old build - 26" Mavic/XTR rear wheel, Time pedals
It rides really nice!
Last Post: 4 Weeks Ago, 06:03 PM
By phoenixbikes in forum 27.5
Last Post: 10-08-2011, 01:03 AM
By 69erSycip in forum 27.5
Last Post: 07-30-2011, 12:48 AM
Last Post: 07-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Last Post: 04-28-2011, 08:18 PM