Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 426 to 450 of 554
  1. #426
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 722ish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    163

    Re: Trek 29er's roll call

    Quote Originally Posted by ncruz408 View Post
    Please share your review once u get some miles on her. I am very interested in this bike in the near future. How much she ways/handling/climbing/etc


    Both of my 29ers. The cobia is a 10 with an 80mm fork for reference.

    Took a ride today on a local set of trails I know well, and coming from the cobia, it is absolutely incredible. The bike lets me go in at any angle and is exactly what I was looking for without a doubt. It isn't as much xc as I expected either, but I have absolutely no complaints. Rock gardens, roots, sandy turns and steep climbs, all of it is an improvement for me. The traction is excellent as well. My only issue is that I can't get full travel out of the shock or the fork, I didn't notice anything, but the sag ring is sitting about 20 25 mm from full travel strangely enough. I didn't even care to use climb mode, I had a good enough time in trail as well.
    I'll add more as I get some more time in this weekend.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    10 Gary Fisher Cobia - 13 Trek Madone 5.2 - 14 Trek Fuel Ex8

  2. #427
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kevocastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by 722ish View Post


    Both of my 29ers. The cobia is a 10 with an 80mm fork for reference.

    Took a ride today on a local set of trails I know well, and coming from the cobia, it is absolutely incredible. The bike lets me go in at any angle and is exactly what I was looking for without a doubt. It isn't as much xc as I expected either, but I have absolutely no complaints. Rock gardens, roots, sandy turns and steep climbs, all of it is an improvement for me. The traction is excellent as well. My only issue is that I can't get full travel out of the shock or the fork, I didn't notice anything, but the sag ring is sitting about 20 25 mm from full travel strangely enough. I didn't even care to use climb mode, I had a good enough time in trail as well.
    I'll add more as I get some more time in this weekend.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Forget about the bikes, what's with the Supra right there?
    Niner Jet 9
    Santa Cruz Highball Carbon

  3. #428
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 722ish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    163

    Re: Trek 29er's roll call

    Quote Originally Posted by kevocastro View Post
    Forget about the bikes, what's with the Supra right there?
    Good catch there, I didn't really even notice I had it in the frame. Not to go too OT, it's a 95 6 speed targa, s475 blr 11 blade twin scroll BW turbo from boost lab. Being resurrected from a grenaded turbo at the moment with this new BLR unit, but should be back up and going to tune soon. I believe it has a 29" tall tire as well, for the sake of posterity.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    10 Gary Fisher Cobia - 13 Trek Madone 5.2 - 14 Trek Fuel Ex8

  4. #429
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Simpledesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    444

    Re: Trek 29er's roll call

    Quote Originally Posted by 722ish View Post
    Good catch there, I didn't really even notice I had it in the frame. Not to go too OT, it's a 95 6 speed targa, s475 blr 11 blade twin scroll BW turbo from boost lab. Being resurrected from a grenaded turbo at the moment with this new BLR unit, but should be back up and going to tune soon. I believe it has a 29" tall tire as well, for the sake of posterity.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Sure its off topic....probably needs its own thread....so I can drool

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    '12 Trek Marlin Signature Green
    '13 Santa Cruz Tallboy LT Gulf Blue/Orange

  5. #430
    29ers Forever
    Reputation: CannondaleF9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,644

    2013 Trek Cobia

    Looks like this thread is more popular than mine, so I will post my pics on here as well.
    Trek 29er's roll call-kjh_0342.jpg
    2013 Trek Cobia- 29er serious mountain bike
    2015 Raleigh Misceo- Gravel bike
    2013 Trek 3700 Disk- play mountain bike

  6. #431
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ranger Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    71
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 AL full SRAM XX1 build. Haven't weigh it, but it feels like my hardtail XTC 29er in weight (so no complaints there).


     photo photo1_zps2a3407d3.jpg

     photo photo3_zps38bec200.jpg

     photo photo4_zps750fd669.jpg

     photo photo2_zps0c711ffb.jpg

     photo photo5_zps47642025.jpg
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 AL SRAM XX1

  7. #432
    mtbr member
    Reputation: johnj2803's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    136
    Just got my Marlin during the Summer sale!



    All in its stock glory

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

  8. #433
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    315
    2013 Trek Mamba 19"

    Upgrades:
    • Pedals!, Removed water bottle cage, Lowered handlebars by two spacers, Moved in brake levers and shifters
      Who says upgrades have to cost money!?


    Working out is finally fun.

    Trek 29er's roll call-screen-shot-2013-07-30-9.27.31-pm.jpgTrek 29er's roll call-screen-shot-2013-07-30-9.27.01-pm.jpgTrek 29er's roll call-screen-shot-2013-07-12-10.07.20-am.png

  9. #434
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    315
    [QUOTE=Ranger Mac;10559651]2012 Trek Superfly 100 AL full SRAM XX1 build. Haven't weigh it, but it feels like my hardtail XTC 29er in weight (so no complaints there).

    How do you like the single gear compared to three? I'm thinking about getting that on my next bike.

  10. #435
    N1K
    N1K is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    22

    Trek Wahoo

    I got my Wahoo in May as a starter to MTB. I'm loving it thus far! I'm always waiting for the weekend so I can ride. So far I've upgraded to Kenda Navegals, replaced stock saddle with an inexpensive but very comfortable Schwinn saddle. Looking to upgrade stock Suntour XCR when it becomes s rigid fork! Happy trails San Diego!

  11. #436
    N1K
    N1K is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    22
    I have a Trek Wahoo and I too moved in my brakes and shifters. Attempting to do the one finger braking! Doesn't work so much on mechanical brakes but oh well.

  12. #437
    N1K
    N1K is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    Just got my Marlin during the Summer sale!




    All in its stock glory

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    What skyline is that? It looks familiar

  13. #438
    mtbr member
    Reputation: johnj2803's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by N1K View Post
    What skyline is that? It looks familiar
    Miami

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

  14. #439
    N1K
    N1K is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by hankscorpio View Post
    Had it for about 2 weeks. Lovin it. Also love my giant Novara bag, that thing holds it all.

    Lol. What do you put in the bag? Lunch? I too have a big bag. But I cinch it down tight. Nice bike!

  15. #440
    N1K
    N1K is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigloch View Post
    Picked up a 2013 Cobia two days ago.
    My first 29'er. Holy crap I love it!
    Saddle needs to be replaced though.
    Yep, the saddle is what I replaced first on my Wahoo.

  16. #441
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tigris99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,131

    Re: Trek 29er's roll call

    Clyde with '12 marlin checking in, bought it back end of December partially saving partially Xmas present from wife. Only thing stock is the seatpost now.



    Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
    Trek Marlin 29er

    Like It, Love It, Want Some More Of It!

  17. #442
    mtbr member
    Reputation: johnj2803's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    Clyde with '12 marlin checking in, bought it back end of December partially saving partially Xmas present from wife. Only thing stock is the seatpost now.



    Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
    The front shocks is g2? Or normal?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

  18. #443
    N1K
    N1K is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    Miami

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Looks like San Diego from a different angle!

  19. #444
    N1K
    N1K is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    Clyde with '12 marlin checking in, bought it back end of December partially saving partially Xmas present from wife. Only thing stock is the seatpost now.



    Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
    What type of brake and rotor system do you have?

  20. #445
    Trips for Kids Denver
    Reputation: twowheelfunman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    416
    Here's my 2012 Rumblefish Elite. All I've done is put a 2.4 Purgatory on the front, 34mm Fox Talas 110-140, Shadow Plus R. Der, 180mm R. rotor with cooling fins, carbon flat bar, Ergon grips, Joplin dropper post and Ground Control 2.3 rear

    " I'm not inclined to resign to maturity "

  21. #446
    N1K
    N1K is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    22
    Here is my 2013 Trek Wahoo. Front and Rear 2.2 Kenda Nevegal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trek 29er's roll call-20130803_073700.jpg  


  22. #447
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41

    Re: Trek 29er's roll call

    Is that rockhouse

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  23. #448
    N1K
    N1K is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Byf619 View Post
    Is that rockhouse

    Sent from my GalGalaxyaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Yes it is. Took my friend for his first visit and also to see how bad the brush fire was.

  24. #449
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Britishnate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    399
    My Fuel EX 9 29



    Current setup:-

    • Bontrager Carbon RXL Bar
    • Bontrager 100mm RXL Stem
    • Bontrager Carbon Railed Evoke RXL Saddle
    • Green Oury Grips
    • XT Pedals
    • Tubeless


    Weighed in right at 29lbs, which I think is pretty good. I know the wheelset on here is not the lightest so I will probably look at changing that out somewhere down the road. Have to say the bike rides fantastic. so fluid through the more technical sections and climbs great too. I can't wait to get a TON more miles on this bike.

    One of me riding it too.


  25. #450
    mtbr member
    Reputation: hankscorpio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    782
    Glad you quoted this actually because that was right when I bought the bike. Here it is as of yesterday with some hopefully less dorky upgrades

    Trek 29er's roll call-imag194275%25.jpg

    Since that picture was taken:
    Ditched the bag(went camelback obviously) as well as all the reflectors
    Took off the bike computer for now too
    Convert Platform Pedals
    ODI Rogue Grips
    Black Shimano Cables
    Ascent Carbon Fiber Seat Post with more offset
    WTB pure V Race Saddle
    Carbon Fiber headset spacers (just to be an ass, this bike is still heavy)
    Manitou Tower Expert fork
    WTB wolverine and bronson tires
    Busted Tube Chainstay wrap

    Next year will probably be a new wheelset and maybe brakes.




    Quote Originally Posted by N1K View Post
    Lol. What do you put in the bag? Lunch? I too have a big bag. But I cinch it down tight. Nice bike!

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Re-Roll Call
    By motobutane in forum Southeast - GA, TN, AL, FL
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 04:17 AM
  2. P36 Roll-call!
    By pisgahproductions in forum North & South Carolina
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 02-13-2010, 06:27 AM
  3. Frostbike Roll Call - Who's Coming and Call to Action
    By Salsa Cycles in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 07:44 AM
  4. Roll Call
    By sarge12 in forum Michigan
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 12:13 PM
  5. SS Roll Call
    By mergs in forum New Jersey
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-01-2004, 11:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •