Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

TREK 2018 line up - Your wishes/expectations

I know: its early in the year
    But in about only 3 months I guess we will get the first information about the 2018 models from Trek.
    What do you expect? After Trek has re-designed the whole mid- to long travel bikes such as the Fuel EX, the Remedy and the Slash... what will be their next updates?
    The Slash with an aluminum frame?
    Re-designed Procalibers or Top Fuels?
    Maybe the comeback of the Remedy as a 29er?
    Or only small adjustments in the line up?
    My personal wish is the availability of a completely new 29er Trail-/Enduro Hardtail. Light, ultrafast, carbon frame, dropper post, at least 130 mm of travel, wide rims and tires with good potential.
    I know theres already the Stache, but I wish for something smaller, no plus-tires, more like a "normal" hardtail but with aggressive downhill capabilities.
    Feel free to post your thoughts, comments und wishes here in this thread!

mtbr member
    Bring back the 2016 Fuels. The 2016 thread racked up a huge number of posts. The 2017 thread racked up a huger number of posts, half complaining of pedal strikes and the other half complaining about the knock-block. (I'm exaggerating, but just a little.)
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Rager View Post
    Bring back the 2016 Fuels. The 2016 thread racked up a huge number of posts. The 2017 thread racked up a huger number of posts, half complaining of pedal strikes and the other half complaining about the knock-block. (I'm exaggerating, but just a little.)
    This! I've scoured the web for a 2016 21.5" NIB EX9.8....bc it's just what I want!!!

mtbr member
    I wish that the 2018 models are lame. I just spent all of my money on my 2017. Can't it stay latest and greatest for just a little while longer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Hi hope they don't change anything on the Top Fuel (except build kit), as I really want to get a Top fuel 9.8 now, but not sure if I can wait another 3-4 months to see maybe what has changed.... (so annoying....)

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I'd like to see Boost 148 hub bikes take 2.6 tires.
    I'd like to see Bonty 2.6 tires.XR2 tread pattern and more.
    The Procal has Boost but is spec'ed for a 2.2 tire. And Trek removed all the rear flex from the SF so a high volume tire would soften up the ride when you aren't on the seat. Which is all trail sections with bumps.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    I tried to order the Fuel EX 9.7, sold out in January, then opted for the EX 9, sold out as well. Trek Benelux told my LBS the new 2018 models are coming sooner then usual, like in 2 months. They would contact my LBS in two weeks, then new info should be available.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillyWilly20 View Post
    Trek Benelux told my LBS the new 2018 models are coming sooner then usual, like in 2 months. They would contact my LBS in two weeks, then new info should be available.
    I will keep on researching to see if I can figure what is happening for 2018. When you hear anything with regards to 2018, please inform us...

I think here are many of us that is very curios to see what is happening.

But if they release the new bikes earlier than usual, it will still be a while before stock would be available. Only way to get your hand on a trek is pretty much to go project one (which bloat the price a bit...)

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    There are still many Fuel EX's in warehouses here in the USA (including the 9.7), with additional units set to restock next month, so I don't see a redesign happening soon.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    True 27.5+ Stache for short folks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    2018 Fuel Ex 9.8 to be about 200-300 dollars cheaper, and 1x with a similar or at least very sexy paint job. Everything else can stay the same and I'll upgrade my Ex 8 to it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    I'd love to see the Project One becoming more about real customization, not just fancy paintwork.

mtbr member
    I want to see the Top Fuel with a 120mm fork.
    I want to see a better selection of P1's, Being able to build the bike how you want is the true meaning of a Project one. Not paint.

Those commenting on the Stache. No reason why you can't run 29er wheels and tires to get your "Aggressive 29er" you want
    You can run 27.5+ tires/rims on the Stache for you small people.

I'd like to see the Superfly get boost rear. Pointless to make that bike Boost front/Non boost rear.
    I'd like to see a alum. Slash
    I'd like to see a 29er Remedy again.
    I'd like to see Guide brakes not on 90% of the damn bike builds.

and eb1888. I do not know where you keep getting this 2.2 tire spec for the Procal.
    Mine fits a 2.4 front and back with room for more.

Do not tell me Trek said so. They also told me the 2017 Top Fuel RSL frame weight in 19.5 is 4.44lbs were the 17.5" is 4.43lbs.

I;d also like for Trek to get off this odd sized rear shock wagon. Make it simple, let us be able to customize our shit.
    Too Many .

A-X
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by brent701 View Post
    I want to see the Top Fuel with a 120mm fork.
    I want to see a better selection of P1's, Being able to build the bike how you want is the true meaning of a Project one. Not paint.

Those commenting on the Stache. No reason why you can't run 29er wheels and tires to get your "Aggressive 29er" you want
    You can run 27.5+ tires/rims on the Stache for you small people.

I'd like to see the Superfly get boost rear. Pointless to make that bike Boost front/Non boost rear.
    I'd like to see a alum. Slash
    I'd like to see a 29er Remedy again.
    I'd like to see Guide brakes not on 90% of the damn bike builds.

and eb1888. I do not know where you keep getting this 2.2 tire spec for the Procal.
    Mine fits a 2.4 front and back with room for more.

Do not tell me Trek said so. They also told me the 2017 Top Fuel RSL frame weight in 19.5 is 4.44lbs were the 17.5" is 4.43lbs.

I;d also like for Trek to get off this odd sized rear shock wagon. Make it simple, let us be able to customize our shit.
    Pretty much with you on all of the above. I run a set 2.35 G-One Speed tyres on my Procal with plenty of clearance.

A slack carbon hardtail would also be awesome along the lines of the new Transition offerings.
    Bird Aeris : Remedy 9.9 29er : Procaliber 9.8 SL

mtbr member
    The return of a single-speed rigid bike.
    2.6 SE3, SE4, & SE5 - 2.6 XR3 & XR4 Tires
    Anodized Line Pro Stems!
    1992 Trek 800 Antelope
    2009 Haro Mary SS
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2017 Trek Fuel EX 9

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Stache FS,

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Interceptor View Post
    The return of a single-speed rigid bike.
    2.6 SE3, SE4, & SE5 - 2.6 XR3 & XR4 Tires
    Anodized Line Pro Stems!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow poke View Post
    Stache FS,

all of that

Trek made a mistake removing a SS from the model line up
    Too Many .

Pinehurst NC
    Stache FS, or at least a 140mm fork OEM on the HT, 2.6 tire choices, more line pro carbon parts!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Loud hubs save lives!"

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    How about this year maybe they work on actually being able to deliver the bikes on their website. They have had some serious issues with inventory the past few years. It hasn't helped how much the models have all changed so quickly. and I agree bring back the 2016 version of the fuel. Why that only had 1 model year I don't know but was a way better trail/cross mix than the current fuel.

mtbr member
    I want to see the Top Fuel with a 120mm fork....
    Kinda like make the Top Fuel into what the Fuel EX used to be, maybe?

As I recall, Project One used to have many more individual component options but they've gotten away from that lately for some reason. Probably too much work and not enough return on their end.

One thing I'd like to see is a website that you could actually find shit on. Try finding mtb wheels. They're mixed in with all other wheels. If you look at a Line 30 Pro the site suggests Aeolus aero road wheels as alternatives.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    I'd like to see Boost 148 hub bikes take 2.6 tires.
    I'd like to see Bonty 2.6 tires.XR2 tread pattern and more.
    + 1!
    Whining is not a strategy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kosulin View Post
    I'd love to see the Project One becoming more about real customization, not just fancy paintwork.
    This used to be the case. It must have slightly misfired, since they really reduced customization options.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Rager View Post
    Kinda like make the Top Fuel into what the Fuel EX used to be, maybe?

As I recall, Project One used to have many more individual component options but they've gotten away from that lately for some reason. Probably too much work and not enough return on their end.

One thing I'd like to see is a website that you could actually find shit on. Try finding mtb wheels. They're mixed in with all other wheels. If you look at a Line 30 Pro the site suggests Aeolus aero road wheels as alternatives.
    Yes,
    The 2016 Fuel was a blast to ride. Very capable XC racer and all around trail bike. After the Fuel remodel, again. It may be best to change the Top Fuel to fit that hole again. Lot's of Brands are doing it. Scott's Spark RC if I recall correctly. Has a 68.5* HA, Niner did a mid year changing on the RKT 9 RDO. went from 100/90 travel to 120/90 travel and Trust me. Tha bike moves very well on both XC races and just playing around, even with the 100mm fork.

P1 needs to allow us to really pick what we want. I was going to do a P1 Procal. I wanted 180/160 rotors, XR4/XR3 tires.. can't pick them. IF you want SRAM drive train it makes you pick SRAM brakes.. huh no.
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    +on 2.6 tire choice Stache

mtbr member
    Real hubs on the farleys would be nice. Other companies rocking dt 350s on bikes.
    Fatbike, XC bike, Gravel Bike....

mtbr member
    Yes,
    The 2016 Fuel was a blast to ride. Very capable XC racer and all around trail bike. After the Fuel remodel, again. It may be best to change the Top Fuel to fit that hole again. Lot's of Brands are doing it. Scott's Spark RC if I recall correctly. Has a 68.5* HA, Niner did a mid year changing on the RKT 9 RDO. went from 100/90 travel to 120/90 travel and Trust me. Tha bike moves very well on both XC races and just playing around, even with the 100mm fork.

P1 needs to allow us to really pick what we want. I was going to do a P1 Procal. I wanted 180/160 rotors, XR4/XR3 tires.. can't pick them. IF you want SRAM drive train it makes you pick SRAM brakes.. huh no.

A top fuel ex or something would be cool. Like the rocky mountain BC edition of their bikes. Wider bars, bigger travel, knobbier tires, tougher hubs and a dropper. New fuel ex is a bit tooo trail.
    Fatbike, XC bike, Gravel Bike....

mtbr member
    I like that top fuel ex with 120mm front and back travel maybe.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Specialized Fuse/Ruse might work for you. But if you're deadseat on the Stache... I've got a 28" inseam and the carbon 15.5" Stache frame fits me just fine.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Was in a Trek dealership today, shop guy had dealer site up and 27.5 Slash aluminum bikes were listed as available....

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwhls View Post
    Was in a Trek dealership today, shop guy had dealer site up and 27.5 Slash aluminum bikes were listed as available....
    ... and I thought the one and only wheel size for the Slash could only be 29 inch... ;-)

Maybe theres also a good chance for the return of a 29er Remedy?

Any other new models already listed on the dealer site?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Those asking for a 29er remedy, how does the EX 29er with a 140mm fork not meet that ask?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
    Those asking for a 29er remedy, how does the EX 29er with a 140mm fork not meet that ask?
    The 29er Fuels are not 140, They are 130. Yes I know you can add the 10mm travel, Not the point

I'd like to see the Remedy with 29ers keeping the 150/150 or for the RSL 160/150.
    HA around 66*

EWS riders nailed it when they did the older Remedies 160/140 and 29er. One of the reasons Trek went to the Slash and 29er.

The Yeti SB5.5 is a 160/140 with a Fox 36 and Cheaper than a Trek with better components and people are FLYING on them

Wish they would release more Slash models though
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Bontrager Line Elite 40 27.5" (It seems that they only have the 40 in pro-carbon, reasonably priced for carbon hoops but I'd take alloy for half the price bob)

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    29+ FS ideally as a Stache, but I think the "easier" way for them to tiptoe into that would be to offer it as an alternate wheelset version of the Farley EX.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow poke View Post
    Stache FS,
    This in 120mm/120mm with 29+ would be sweet

western NC
    I'd call it the Fuel XL. And I'd love a 29+ fully. I'd also love to see an alloy version of the Slash, at a lower price point.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    We already know they are going to spec wider rims and tyres across the board. I personally think there will be Aluminium slashes and 27.5 and 29 in all models .

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Nsynk View Post
    We already know they are going to spec wider rims and tyres across the board. I personally think there will be Aluminium slashes and 27.5 and 29 in all models .
    But they already had 29 and 27.5 Fuel and remedy and then cut them to where it is now. Why would they go back?

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwhls View Post
    Looking on the dealer site it's an old stock frame, offset chainstays and not boosted.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
    But they already had 29 and 27.5 Fuel and remedy and then cut them to where it is now. Why would they go back?
    cause it isn't dead and other Brands are making them and they are badass.
    The Remedy is Trek's only 27.5 bike currently made by them.
    It's either a 29er, 29er+ or 27.5+
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Belt drive Stache

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by budgthom View Post
    Belt drive Stache
    You can already do that
    Too Many .

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    This probably sounds really odd... But I want them to leave the Remedy 9 RSL exactly the same (except maybe make it pink and purple and swap the Guides for XTs). I buy a new bike every year, but this year I will likely buy the exact same bike I did last year.

... Unless, they release an aluminum Slash which would be really, really tempting for me.

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    'Trek is a 29er company.'

Can't tell you how many times my rep has told me that and all the literature they send out to us sales people supports his assertion; Trek really believes 29 is the way to go. They actually have an online class now that is entirely focused on dispelling the benefits of 27.5, except for when sizing dictates it. Frankly I'm half surprised they even offer the Remedy in 27.5... But if they didn't I'd probably be riding a Santa Cruz.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillyWilly20 View Post
    I tried to order the Fuel EX 9.7, sold out in January, then opted for the EX 9, sold out as well. Trek Benelux told my LBS the new 2018 models are coming sooner then usual, like in 2 months. They would contact my LBS in two weeks, then new info should be available.
    By the way. The Fuel EX 9.7 is currently showing stock in all sizes per Trek's dealer web site.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    I would like to see a trail 120 to 130 MM 27.5 FS bike with 2.5 tires on it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    What about the Session with 29 inch wheels? If Im right there was a prototype of a session with 29er wheels seen some time ago.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by petejupp View Post
    What about the Session with 29 inch wheels? If Im right there was a prototype of a session with 29er wheels seen some time ago.
    Include Intense and Santa Cruz for a protoype a while ago. At least those two have said they had one. Could be more.
    I see it helping on some tracks but not as much on others
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    A boost Stache EX 9.8 xtr spec, so I don't have to buy a Farley ex, respec it and build new wheels (29+ does fit)
    And some more options for 29+ and 27.5x3.8 tires

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by petejupp View Post
    It's coming. I bet at least one of the Athertons will race it at Ft. Bill.

https://dirtmountainbike.com/bike-re...e-trek-rd.html

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

1020 please!

Name:  please.jpg
Views: 26386
Size:  126.8 KB

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    You can already do that
    not with the current belt drives because the chain rings are too large.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    I would love too see a Top Fuel 29/27.5+ with 110/120mm travel. That would be the perfect replacement for my 2016 Fuel EX 27.5

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Radioinactive View Post
    not with the current belt drives because the chain rings are too large.
    the chain rings are too large?
    Funny I saw a belt driven Stache at the Cactus cup race a few months ago.

but ok
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StaxB21 View Post
    I would love too see a Top Fuel 29/27.5+ with 110/120mm travel. That would be the perfect replacement for my 2016 Fuel EX 27.5
    I would safe to say all that can already be done keeping 100mm in the rear.
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I would cheerfully order that bike the moment it is available!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    not going to doubt you but that is peculiar because the smallest chainring that Gates makes is 39 tooth, and the stache has a max clearance of 38 which i also doubt because the 36 tooth i had on my stache for a moment just barley cleared.

Not only that but with the minimum gear combo required to run the belt, your belt would rub the bottom of the chainstay, I ran 34 x 22 and rubbed, 34 x 18 barley cleared the chainstay. This is the stock 30 tooth, not much clearance for large rings as you can see.

TREK 2018 line up - Your wishes/expectations-30.jpg

Im sure he was using a bunch of bb spacers and had the chainring on the outside spider to get that chainline out.

i suppose you could set up a rear sprocket to be the front with some machining or what have you (max rear is a 32) - then you'd need
    to get a belt for 32 x 20 or 22
    I really wanted to set my stache up with a belt but it seems really unikely it can be done

TREK 2018 line up - Your wishes/expectations-34.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I don't think the tooth to tooth pitch on a belt is the same a a 1/2" pitch bike chain, so a 39 tooth belt drive sprocket is smaller than 39t chainring.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kdiddy View Post
    I don't think the tooth to tooth pitch on a belt is the same a a 1/2" pitch bike chain, so a 39 tooth belt drive sprocket is smaller than 39t chainring.

kdiddy is right. The Stache works with a belt drive. A 39x24 gives you a 1.62 gear ratio. And you would need a 108 tooth belt. I spoke to a rep at Gates over the winter and he said the only real issue is flex in the rear end. But it does work.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb73 View Post
    kdiddy is right. The Stache works with a belt drive. A 39x24 gives you a 1.62 gear ratio. And you would need a 108 tooth belt. I spoke to a rep at Gates over the winter and he said the only real issue is flex in the rear end. But it does work.
    good info i appreciate that

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    True, already considering it, but a little more travel in the rear wouldn't hurt

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    On insta Graeme Mudd says he is testing a remedy 27.5 against a remedy 29er ?
    So is the remedy 29er making a comeback ?

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Bring some carbon hoops to the Fuel 9.8 line-up!

mtbr member
    On insta Graeme Mudd says he is testing a remedy 27.5 against a remedy 29er ?
    So is the remedy 29er making a comeback ?
    No.

Replace "Remedy" with "Session."

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I just don't see Trek making a 29er Remedy, it would be too much cross over. If you run the Slash in the high setting and maybe change the fork out for a 150mm you are pretty much right there where a 29er Remedy would sit.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Floor Tom View Post
    I just don't see Trek making a 29er Remedy, it would be too much cross over. If you run the Slash in the high setting and maybe change the fork out for a 150mm you are pretty much right there where a 29er Remedy would sit.
    Not Only that, Pivot just made the 2018 Mach 5.5 160/140 Which is really a older Remedy 29er the EWS riders used but 27.5.

Trek has the Slash for the 29er , now with travel. Remedy is nearly the same thing but 27.5"
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    True enough, but for my LBS anyway, the Remedy 27.5 is not selling very well.

The Fuel EX and Slash 29ers are flying out the door.

So who knows?

western NC
    I really want to throw a leg over a Slash, but my bank account doesn't want me to.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HPIguy View Post
    I really want to throw a leg over a Slash, but my bank account doesn't want me to.
    This is your bank account speaking. It's ok to go throw a leg over a Slash. You will love it
    Too Many .

western NC
    This is your bank account speaking. It's ok to go throw a leg over a Slash. You will love it
    Ha ha, nice try. Being an adult sucks sometimes. But, I got a new bike in January anyway.

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    According to the Trek training stuff they aren't even all that happy that they are 'obligated' to offer the Remedy in 27.5 in the first place. They don't think it's the right bike for really any situation on paper, but simply acknowledge that some people (like me) want it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDwayyo View Post
    According to the Trek training stuff they aren't even all that happy that they are 'obligated' to offer the Remedy in 27.5 in the first place. They don't think it's the right bike for really any situation on paper, but simply acknowledge that some people (like me) want it.

That's just odd to me. The new Pivot Mach 5.5 is nearly the same bike as a Remedy. People are loving it. It was basically made for AZ trails and South Mountain. 140/160 travel compared to Reemdy's 150/150 travel.

One thing I would love Trek to do, is start offering some better builds.
    Like:
    Pivot Mach 5.5 is 4899MSRP with XT1, Fox 36 160mm Fork, fox Shock
    Remedy 9.8 5300 XT1 but a Pike and a RockShox Deluxe RT3
    Yeti SB5.5c 4800 XT/SLX and a Fox 36 fork and Fox Float X shock.

Wish Trek would move away from RockShox
    Too Many .

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    That's just odd to me. The new Pivot Mach 5.5 is nearly the same bike as a Remedy. People are loving it. It was basically made for AZ trails and South Mountain. 140/160 travel compared to Reemdy's 150/150 travel.

One thing I would love Trek to do, is start offering some better builds.
    Like:
    Pivot Mach 5.5 is 4899MSRP with XT1, Fox 36 160mm Fork, fox Shock
    Remedy 9.8 5300 XT1 but a Pike and a RockShox Deluxe RT3
    Yeti SB5.5c 4800 XT/SLX and a Fox 36 fork and Fox Float X shock.

Wish Trek would move away from RockShox
    I know, it is odd... But Trek is fully 'a 29er company.' The rep tells me that all the time when I bring up anything 27.5 related.

Remedy RSL is 160/150 and a total slayer.

As for builds you really just seem to prefer Rockshox. I'd prefer a Pike over a Fox 36... In fact I wish they would move away from Fox. Fox ReAktivs that I've had (two of them) were garbage and knocked the whole time I owned them, Rockshox's ReAktiv I just got is fantastic with no knocking at all.

mtbr member
    I know, it is odd... But Trek is fully 'a 29er company.' The rep tells me that all the time when I bring up anything 27.5 related.

Remedy RSL is 160/150 and a total slayer.

As for builds you really just seem to prefer Rockshox. I'd prefer a Pike over a Fox 36... In fact I wish they would move away from Fox. Fox ReAktivs that I've had (two of them) were garbage and knocked the whole time I owned them, Rockshox's ReAktiv I just got is fantastic with no knocking at all.
    The Remedy 9 RSL also isn't carbon

I don't like rockshox. The only item inhave had from that I somewhat liked was my RS1 fork. Which I replaced for a Fox SC

Lots of Brands are going all carbon models. Some good some not so much

Should be interesting when Trek releases their 2018 stuff. I can't wait

Too Many .

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Make the Fuel Ex line a TRULY versatile trail beast.

Increase the tire clearance slightly and readjust the geo so that you can go...

27.5+ (high mino), 29 (high or low mino) AND 29+ (low mino). Even if the clearance isn't excellent at 29+ that would be ok for anyone willing to chance it.

If you never ride mud and if bending a wheel isn't a concern of your's then running minimal clearance 29+ on a fuel would be quite good times I would think.

western NC
    I personally think companies like Manitou and DVO and kicking both their asses, at least in the fork department. Tons of adjustment built in without disassembling the fork, at a price that's roughly the same (DVO), or less (Manitou) than their competition. The Magnum Pro I put on my Stache is the best fork I've ever owned. And I love my Fox 34, but it's not as good as the Manitou. Even the cheap Machete that came on the Stache was REALLY good for a basic fork, even at my weight.

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    The Remedy 9 RSL also isn't carbon

I don't like rockshox. The only item inhave had from that I somewhat liked was my RS1 fork. Which I replaced for a Fox SC

Lots of Brands are going all carbon models. Some good some not so much

Should be interesting when Trek releases their 2018 stuff. I can't wait

I didn't say Remedy 9 RSL, I said Remedy RSL of which there are two models; the 9.9 which is carbon and the 9 which is aluminum (and I own.)

Rockshox stuff is way easier to service and get parts for, aside from my hate for Fox ReAktiv stuff that's the main reason I prefer Rockshox. Fox's tech site is a nightmare.

mtbr member

I didn't say Remedy 9 RSL, I said Remedy RSL of which there are two models; the 9.9 which is carbon and the 9 which is aluminum (and I own.)

Rockshox stuff is way easier to service and get parts for, aside from my hate for Fox ReAktiv stuff that's the main reason I prefer Rockshox. Fox's tech site is a nightmare.
    You said Remedy RSL not 9.9 or 9
    Even at the 9.9 level that's 8k

Too Many .

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Does anyone know when they'll announce their 2018 updates/changes?

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by brogo View Post

Rep told me all announcements for the year would be made no later then July 1st

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brogo View Post
    Stuff's already slowly showing up on their site
    The Session 29er already was posted up
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Besides the Session 29er it will be mostly BNG for 2018.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev440800 View Post
    Besides the Session 29er it will be mostly BNG for 2018.
    First time I've heard of "BNG". Looked it up and the only thing that fit is: "Brand new graphics", which apparently is a motorsports term.

Pinehurst NC
    Yup MC industry, also Bold New Graphics
    "Loud hubs save lives!"

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    Yup MC industry, also Bold New Graphics
    Yes & from snowmobile industry. Bold New Graphics

mtbr member
    Yeah, BNG is generally a sarcastic term meaning marketing didn't have any significant changes or improvements that they could tout so all they were left with BNG. I remember this from riding motos in the early 90's but it might go back further.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    I don't expect Trek to go 'BNG', even though they revamped much of their lineup last year, i'm still expecting some updates (new parts for sure, maybe even a revamped Top Fuel?)

mtbr member

...I'm still expecting some updates (new parts for sure, maybe even a revamped Top Fuel?)
    Now that the desire to get back into racing has creeped in my head this is what I am most hoping for as I prepare for 2018.

mtbr member
    Would love to have seen a procal hardtail with sliding dropouts for SS no real good SS frame in Trek Lineup

Pinehurst NC
    I don't expect Trek to go 'BNG', even though they revamped much of their lineup last year, i'm still expecting some updates (new parts for sure, maybe even a revamped Top Fuel?)
    I think they have a few good tricks up their sleeve for this year. Haven't been too disappointed with their bikes yet since 2000!
    "Loud hubs save lives!"

western NC
    Quote Originally Posted by newking View Post
    Would love to have seen a procal hardtail with sliding dropouts for SS no real good SS frame in Trek Lineup
    That would be interesting, but for now I'm loving my Stache in SS mode.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    I'm hoping to see the Fuel EX 7 get re:aktiv and take advantage of a lot of new trickle-down tech such as:
    35mm Stanchion Revelation
    Deore wide range 2x10
    New bontrager hubs

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Eagle is going to be expanded to the GX line. It will be on some Trek 2018 bikes.

mtbr member
    I want to see an in between Farley EX model. Like a 9.6 spec or 9.7 spec.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6 with Lauf
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail Carbon
    2016 Scott Solace 10 Disc

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mwoodworth View Post
    Eagle is going to be expanded to the GX line. It will be on some Trek 2018 bikes.
    I've heard this, but why is it seeming to skip X1?

mtbr member
    My guess is that they're simplifying the line and GX Eagle takes the place of what was X1, and then NX remains as the budget 11-speed option.

Then X1 gets relegated to e-bikes (EX1).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Thought View Post
    My guess is that they're simplifying the line and GX Eagle takes the place of what was X1, and then NX remains as the budget 11-speed option.

Then X1 gets relegated to e-bikes (EX1).
    Agree,

Also the NX build is a great setup for kids. They offer a 1x crank in 155mm crank arms and it uses a 10 speed driver
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by mwoodworth View Post
    I have it on my 2017 Remedy 8.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    I have it on my 2017 Remedy 8.

You have a GX Eagle 12 speed on your bike?
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    You have a GX Eagle 12 speed on your bike?
    Haha, no.

Standard GX 11 speed with an Eagle 30T chainring.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast