mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Top Fuel 110 Frame Flex

I am wondering if anyone gets flex in the rear triangle of the bike. My brakes rub when I sit on the bike, and it is only thing I can think of that is happening. I weight about 185, and it is a XL frame. I have a friend that weighs more than me, and has a older fuel 98, and I dont think he has that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mtb_Frk
    I am wondering if anyone gets flex in the rear triangle of the bike. My brakes rub when I sit on the bike, and it is only thing I can think of that is happening. I weight about 185, and it is a XL frame. I have a friend that weighs more than me, and has a older fuel 98, and I dont think he has that problem.
    Could it be wheel flex, perhaps ?? I have Rolf wheels on my old Fuel 90, and notice a slight brake rub (v-brakes) when moving the frame from side to side (honking up hills, whatever).....tis wheel flex, in my case, anyways.... not a tremendous deal, in the scheme of things. I'd look into wheel flex or improper brake adjustment (or maybe even wheel being untrue) before assuming the frame itself is flexing....although, I could be wrong

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    It is possible I guess that it is the wheels. I have FSA XC-300`s on it. I had them on my klein adept before this with avid mech. disc brakes and no problems. Seems better after putting some new rotors on, but still a little rub. Not a big deal, but maybe it is a good excuse to buy a new wheelset...

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_Frk
    It is possible I guess that it is the wheels. I have FSA XC-300`s on it. I had them on my klein adept before this with avid mech. disc brakes and no problems. Seems better after putting some new rotors on, but still a little rub. Not a big deal, but maybe it is a good excuse to buy a new wheelset...

I definately wouldn't accuse the FSA wheels of being stiff. At my weight ~ 195lbs, the flex was almost intolerable.