• 10-17-2012
    BigDweeb
    Time for Trek to drop Lance?
    Nike just did.
  • 10-17-2012
    heyyall
    Yes.
  • 10-17-2012
    BigDweeb
  • 10-17-2012
    heyyall
    I'm glad Trek listened to my vote.
  • 10-17-2012
    john symos
    Lance the greatest !!!!!!!!!!! Let me see who will beat him 7-0
    oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!
  • 10-17-2012
    BigDweeb
    John, um. What?
  • 10-17-2012
    Live2rideUtah
    Looks like lance was dropped by everyone today, probably another plan from the Armstrong camp. Maybe he will come clean and put a small band aid on the hemorrhage?
  • 10-17-2012
    brunomu
    shame of you trek
  • 10-17-2012
    vapezilla
    Trek should keep lance it's fitting to their history. Lance is a cheater and so is trek. They cheated on their bikes by buying companies like bontragger Klein LeMond and Gary fisher and steal their technology and put it on their bikes then stop making those brands. Sounds like cheating to me just like lance **** trek but I can't get mad at lance because he and the rest of those pro roadies are dopers. I am not condoning it and I thinking doping or any cheating is retarded but if you ban lance you must ban all roadie pros
  • 10-17-2012
    Live2rideUtah
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by vapezilla View Post
    Trek should keep lance it's fitting to their history. Lance is a cheater and so is trek. They cheated on their bikes by buying companies like bontragger Klein LeMond and Gary fisher and steal their technology and put it on their bikes then stop making those brands. Sounds like cheating to me just like lance **** trek but I can't get mad at lance because he and the rest of those pro roadies are dopers. I am not condoning it and I thinking doping or any cheating is retarded but if you ban lance you must ban all roadie pros

    They didn't have to sell? Capitalism at its finest, plus buying failing companies or struggling or even companies that fill a void in your present company doesn't make a company a cheater in my book. Look At google, they have acquired over 100 companies, is specialized bad for investing in retul? Buying a company to make it stronger is a great investment not cheating? Did santacruz cheat also since they have purchased other companies?
  • 10-17-2012
    Tone's
    Treks new road bike is going to be called the EPO, True story.......
  • 10-18-2012
    poorboy006
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by brunomu View Post
    shame of you trek

    I agree 100%....after all he did for them. :nono:
  • 10-18-2012
    heyyall
    This is a case of a broken trust. I'm certain Trek had a conversation with Lance regarding allegations many years back. If Lance lied to Trek and Trek was completely unaware of what was happening, then there is really no other obligation. If Lance swore Lemond was lying, then Trek had no other options other than sever the relationship with Lemond.

    Consider this a civil divorce. Sure there were great times, but sometimes the course forward include a divergence in the paths. Clinging to the past in this case does neither party any good. Apologizing to Lemond would be a responsible action for Trek to consider at this point.
  • 10-18-2012
    Live2rideUtah
    on a side note I sure am glad that i didnt fork up a bunch of cash for a signed armstrong jersey. I am guessing prices could drop dramatically for that kind of stuff or do they go up?
  • 10-18-2012
    BigDweeb
    Who knows. Didn't Enron logo crap start showing up on ebay for crazy high prices?

    Time's man of the year?
  • 10-19-2012
    u1-2go
    I am going to coin the phrase

    " Cheatstrong "

    Patend pending (LOL) :D after testing :p
  • 10-19-2012
    vapezilla
    Trek blows and lance is a cheater why is everybody so surprised and stunned all the world class pro roadies do that ****. Im just pissed the govt an other sectors wasted millions of dollars probably tax payers to state the obvious while not having real solid proof when this money could have been used for something like providing for homeless children or the poor or for education instead they go out on a witch hunt. WHO ****ING CARES I don't care about any of those pros I care about me and when I race I race against me.


    P.S. EDDY MERCKX WAS THE
    GREATEST ROADIE AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE GREATEST
  • 10-19-2012
    Live2rideUtah
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by vapezilla View Post
    Trek blows and lance is a cheater why is everybody so surprised and stunned all the world class pro roadies do that ****. Im just pissed the govt an other sectors wasted millions of dollars probably tax payers to state the obvious while not having real solid proof when this money could have been used for something like providing for homeless children or the poor or for education instead they go out on a witch hunt. WHO ****ING CARES I don't care about any of those pros I care about me and when I race I race against me.


    P.S. EDDY MERCKX WAS THE
    GREATEST ROADIE AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE GREATEST

    agree but my point was that you were taking this way to far and saying that Trek cheats because they purchase other companies? Looks like your hate goes a little farther than Lance and now you were attacking one of his sponsor and calling them cheaters for buying other companies? So you say you don't care about any pros and then you profess your love for Eddy Merckx....Looks like you do care
  • 10-19-2012
    vapezilla
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Live2rideUtah View Post
    agree but my point was that you were taking this way to far and saying that Trek cheats because they purchase other companies? Looks like your hate goes a little farther than Lance and now you were attacking one of his sponsor and calling them cheaters for buying other companies? So you say you don't care about any pros and then you profess your love for Eddy Merckx....Looks like you do care

    Well atleast I was not thinking of buying a autograph like some fan boy. I don't have time to argue with lance and trek fans I am going to go ride my bike all day now hehe
  • 10-19-2012
    csteven71
    If you hate Trek and Lance so much, why are you in the Trek forum?
  • 10-19-2012
    heyyall
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by zippinveedub View Post
    If you hate Trek and Lance so much, why are you in the Trek forum?

    It is easier to troll. Just ignore him.
  • 10-19-2012
    vapezilla
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    It is easier to troll. Just ignore him.

    didnt know i was in a trek forum. I was on my mobile and all it said was trek drops lance. And I chimmed in.
  • 10-19-2012
    MarvinK
    Merckx also doped. Name one (road) cycling great that didn't dope.

    The only real news with Lance was that it took them so long (and so much money) to catch him, and were willing to give a pass to so many others in the process. It's a joke that Vaughters continues to manage a pro team.
  • 10-20-2012
    Live2rideUtah
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by vapezilla View Post
    Well atleast I was not thinking of buying a autograph like some fan boy. I don't have time to argue with lance and trek fans I am going to go ride my bike all day now hehe

    Once again you don't read the post correctly. I never said I was going to buy a lance jersey. I said that I was glad that I didn't fork up a bunch of cash for one eluding to the fact that many have and that I was curious if the value drops or goes up? Was i a lance fan in my life....yes, would i go to bat for him now all this has came out = no. Am i a road cycling fan yes, i follow as many cycling events as possible including local events. My whole statement was based on your terrible point on trek cheating because they purchased companies? Just a poor place to attack a company, would have made more sense if you said Trek blows because they had a cracking frame problem a few years back.
  • 10-20-2012
    vapezilla
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Live2rideUtah View Post
    Once again you don't read the post correctly. I never said I was going to buy a lance jersey. I said that I was glad that I didn't fork up a bunch of cash for one eluding to the fact that many have and that I was curious if the value drops or goes up? Was i a lance fan in my life....yes, would i go to bat for him now all this has came out = no. Am i a road cycling fan yes, i follow as many cycling events as possible including local events. My whole statement was based on your terrible point on trek cheating because they purchased companies? Just a poor place to attack a company, would have made more sense if you said Trek blows because they had a cracking frame problem a few years back.

    Hence forth why I said you were "thinking". No where did I say you bought it because you didn't. just the fact that you thought is reason enough to laugh and mock.
  • 10-20-2012
    rideit
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by poorboy006 View Post
    I agree 100%....after all he did for them. :nono:

    Like spend their money on drug deciept?
  • 10-22-2012
    BigDweeb
    Now Oakley. I think that's the last of the big sponsors.
  • 10-23-2012
    TrekFan
    doesn't armstrong own part of trek? nearly positive it was part of his endorsement deal with them years ago. how the hell could they drop him then? i smell a pr rat...
  • 10-23-2012
    dpo
    Today on espn they were discussing this, and gave an interesting stat. Mike Golic asked why not give the now forfeited titles to the next in line in each of those 7 years. The answer given was that the riders that finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th in each of those 7 years all got caught already for doping . Out of a total of 22 riders , the next 3 from each of those years...21 had doped. Geebus. 21 of 22. Way to make a laughing stock out of an entire sport.
  • 10-26-2012
    halld15
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 10-26-2012
    Tone's
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by dpo View Post
    Today on espn they were discussing this, and gave an interesting stat. Mike Golic asked why not give the now forfeited titles to the next in line in each of those 7 years. The answer given was that the riders that finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th in each of those 7 years all got caught already for doping . Out of a total of 22 riders , the next 3 from each of those years...21 had doped. Geebus. 21 of 22. Way to make a laughing stock out of an entire sport.

    And the funny thing is that some people say ''why have they only gone after lance, why not the others'' lol, theres 21 others from the same period on the podium they have caught, that blows that theory out of the water....
  • 10-28-2012
    stunnerable
    I say allow doping. Go for it! Who freakin cares.
  • 12-28-2012
    Tone's
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by vapezilla View Post
    Hence forth why I said you were "thinking". No where did I say you bought it because you didn't. just the fact that you thought is reason enough to laugh and mock.

    Vapezilla, your a dead set fool and hypocrite, champion, the rep system is not anonymous anymore champ.

    why would you just send me this ''your a trek fanboy, you ROCK SPIDER''
    and you having a go at a guy that you say is mocking you, lol

    you think its tough to call others a pedo for nothing..

    Get a life you fool.....
  • 12-29-2012
    vapezilla
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Vapezilla, your a dead set fool and hypocrite, champion, the rep system is not anonymous anymore champ.

    why would you just send me this ''your a trek fanboy, you ROCK SPIDER''
    and you having a go at a guy that you say is mocking you, lol

    you think its tough to call others a pedo for nothing..

    Get a life you fool.....

    Why don't you cry about it. Your just mad because I gave you a taste of your own medicine. I was able to put a name to those insult on my neg rep and returned the favor. Only difference I didn't go crying all over the forums. Have a nice day