Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Thoughts on the superfly 100 al elite/pro?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  PdlPwr 
#1 ·
Just wondering what those of you that have either of these have to say about them. I'm real close to pulling the trigger and would like to hear from those that have put a few miles on them.

#3 ·
IMO easily the best Aluminum framed XC bake from a major manufacturer. A great bike by any measure at a very good price as well. Handling is literally the same as the CF versions and the feel is close to CF quality as well. Since you don't have to worry about crashes to near the extent you do with CF, it's a far better every day bike.

#4 ·
How does it compare to your Tallboy? Climbing? descending?

I am interested in the Tallboy 2 RXC and Superfly 100 AL Elite. The Superfly is $300 cheeaper and seems to be better spec'd.

I ride SF Bay Area cross-country trails and not into (or capable of) jumps, air, "gnarly" trails.

Thanks for your inputs.

#5 · (Edited)
How's is the bike working out for those of you that have them? Does it climb as good as they say, all day comfortable, float over roots and rocks? I'm looking for a bike that can handle a long day of trail riding and manage the occasional xc race as well. It's a toss up between the trek and specialized epic comp right now. I'm waiting for my LBS to get one in as I haven't ridden the specialized yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.