mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Thinking about selling my 4500.

I have a 2005 4500 disc bike that was my first mountain bike. I'm thinking about selling it because I currently own a 2012 EX8 and a 2012 Slash 9.

I did not ride the 4500 hard, in fact, I think I put on about 50 miles (total) of actually mountain biking once I bought it. The last 4 years I've primarily used it to take the dog out on 2 miles around the neighborhood.

Now, I hardly ride the 4500 and it's taking up space in the garage. I think the last time I took it out with the dog it was about 2 months ago.

Do you think I should sell it or keep it? If I sell it, how much do you think is a fair price? I'm not looking to make much, just a fair price.

Name:  trek 4500.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  26.1 KB
    Last edited by Hobbs305; 09-02-2012 at 01:14 PM.

mtbr member
    Sell it. Why would you keep it when you have 2 far superior bikes. However, unfortunately you are right, I don't think you will get much.

I'd say start at $250.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Thanks MVallejo, I had a tune up performed about 3 months ago and everything works well with a new chain. I'll have to wash the bike (dust and webs) next week but I think I will put it up for sale. I think $200-250 is where I'll start. Thanks for the advice!

mtbr member
    If you lived out near PA I'd have a buyer for it.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallejo View Post
    Sell it. Why would you keep it when you have 2 far superior bikes. However, unfortunately you are right, I don't think you will get much.

I'd say start at $250.
    I'd say $250 is far too optimistic. It retailed for $599 back in 2005; so it will be worth a small fraction of that.