Will work 4 Fisher's
    Jun 2006

Stock saddle on Fisher bikes

I've read that the saddle on mid to high end fisher bikes is really uncomfortable. Is it so bad that i should replace it right away or just wait and see how it feels? FYI-If i don't like it, I'm looking at a Bontrager Earl K.

Thanks

~Shorty~

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I wouldnt worry about what others think, if it feels good on your butt your fine. If not, get a new one. But yes, the big earls are very comfy for me

Endo Gold Medalist
    I kept the original saddle on my gary fisher piranha for about 2 weeks then got a WTB Laser V. The bontranger select atb was just to unfomfortable on my arse and was causing some real pain after short rides.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I agree with elistan, try it before you replace it, unless you are trying to trade it at the shop or sell it as new. I really liked my old WTB Laser V stealth - light and comfy. Also, did you order the bike so you can't test ride it now? Do you know what saddle is on the bike you are buying? Does the shop have another bike with the same saddle? Try a bike with the same saddle to see if it feels alright. It might take a longer test ride before you know if the seat is really right for you, but a short ride is a good indicator.

Double-metric mtb man
    Yeah, definitely try it before you turf it.

I hated the saddle on my Piranah / Marlin SE and replaced it with something wider. On my Cake, between the rear suspension and my riding shorts, I actually find the seat pretty good (good enough for the last 75+ km epic I did).
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

Have Cake and beat it 2
    I must agree with Mike, I have just bought Mikes bike, a Fisher Cake 2dlx. initially the seat was uncomfortable cos I hadn't dialled it in, but it seems to be getting comfortable as I get a) used to it and b) get it dialled in to me.
    mind u the real test will be later in the month when I compete in the next mtbo event at Glenbrook in Sydney.

Greg.