mtbr member

Stealth dropper routing on 2014 Superfly FS 8

Looking at mine trying to figure it out. Non stealth route is easy. Top tube cable guides. Stealth I am guessing routes with brake lines on non drive side under and up around BB shell then up the aft side of seat tube?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    ever get an answer to this. considering doing this and look slike it would work but not sure

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    If it is like a Remedy, I found it best to route it between the seat tube and chain stay, then wrap it above the bb to keep it more protected. From there run it along the double guides that also have the rear brake line. It is a bit confusing, all the videos I have seen seem to be for the carbon that runs it through the bb and out a internal hole on the down tube, then up the guides. However the alloy frames all have the hole coming out the back of the seat tube. I have 1x10 which leaves open some internal routing, looked at every possibility. Even if I had changed cable routing, the way I described was the best way I could come up with. Honestly think I would have almost been better with a non stealth dropper and just routed it through the open frame holes not used by my fd anymore in the tt.
    The best things in life are not things.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I have the 9.8SL so looking to make it work with internals stuff but now wondering reverb vs Lev integra.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I still have not been able to figure out from online pics if the superfly has stealth routing or not...and if it does, whether it comes out the rear of the seat tube.

That said, I changed my routing today because I had been hearing a terrible squeak with every bob when I pedaled. Turns out that routing it between the swingarm/chainstay and seat tube then alongside and over the bb caused it to rub and sound very annoying. So what I did was made a quick loop upward as it exited the rear of the seat tube, then zip tied it to the double guide on the back of the seat tube that also was for the FD cable. From there it goes straight into the internal routing on the left side of the tt, exits on the right side of the tt and around front to the left side of handlebars. Basically I routed it where the FD cable used to go, only had to loop it into the seat tube instead going to a FD. Was worried that the loop might be to sharp of a bend and cause issues, but it works like a charm. Also used the channel in the FD mount to run it through to keep it tight and zip tied it there. A cover for teh FD mount would be sweet for covering it up and holding it taught.

Of course this only works if the routing is set up the same as a 2014 Remedy.
    The best things in life are not things.

J79
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I've routed my internal dropper via the empty brake-line holes in the frame. I run my brake-lines under my downtube, so the internal route was available for the dropper.

I've got a 2013 Superfly 100 SL