mtbr member
    May 2007

Which size Fuel EX 9 should I have?

I'm going to order a Fuel EX9. Unfortunately I don't have any possibility to try out a size in the store. Is it possible to find out which size I should have without physically trying the bike?

My size:
    176 cm long (I think this equals 5'9")
    75 kg (165 lbs)
    80 cm (31,5") height between legs (standing over top tube)

I was pretty sure I should have a medium (17,5") size. But according to Treks size guide ("stand over top tube") and my 80cm I should have size Large. Any comments on this? I'll take it up with my dealer of course, but I'd be glad for some second opinions from you.

Thanks
    //Michael

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

size

I have EX9 17.5 I am 5' 10" it fix me great. it's great bike too!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I am 5'8" and I have a medium - 17.5" if that helps.

mtbr member
    I am 6'1 and I came from a 17.5 hardtail. Too small. I fit large better. (19.5)

I say your size, you could probably just about get away with either. I would maybe go medium at your size. I dont like bikes that are TOO big.
    2013 Cannondale F29 2
    2013 Giant Seek 0
    2010 Specialized SX Trail
    2009 Cannondale Rize 4

Quote Originally Posted by sgryd
    I was pretty sure I should have a medium (17,5") size. But according to Treks size guide ("stand over top tube") and my 80cm I should have size Large. Any comments on this?
    I'm 5'8" and very comfortable on a med (17.5") frame .... I think medium will serve you well - I seriously doubt it's "too small," and besides, slightly too small would be better than slightly too large, in my book, fwiw...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Get the medium. I am 5'10 1/4" without shoes on and have a 32-33" inseam. I ride a medium 07 EX8 and it fits perfectly for my riding style. The large seemed too stretched out for me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I am also your size and ride a medium EX9. Stick with the medium, it should be the best fit. By the way, you will love the EX9. I made the switch from a Giant NRS carbon (very XC race oriented), and am very pleased with the way the EX9 handles. I don't race any more, but wouldn't hesitate to do so on the EX9.

Good luck, and enjoy.

mtbr member
    May 2007

Didn't happen.. =(

When we finaly got our order together (two EX9 and one EX8) it turned out that there are no EX8 nor EX9 left. There is not a single EX8 or EX9 at TREK in Belgium and they only had two bikes left in the States.

When do they usually get next years model out? Would anyone believe in delivery in August, or should I count on September? October?

//Michael