mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Should I Buy a Klein Mantra?

I just ride XC, no jumps or big drops, and am looking for a used mtb. There is a 1999 Klein Mantra for sale for $325 close by. It looks like it is just the Mantra, not the comp or pro (I am waiting for a response from the owner on this as well as what components it has). The only thing it has listed is that it has Manitou SX front shocks. I was going to take a look at this, but wanted some input on this bike from those that know more about it. Thanks.

i want spring!

Mantra

Quote Originally Posted by Bwick84
    I just ride XC, no jumps or big drops, and am looking for a used mtb. There is a 1999 Klein Mantra for sale for $325 close by. It looks like it is just the Mantra, not the comp or pro (I am waiting for a response from the owner on this as well as what components it has). The only thing it has listed is that it has Manitou SX front shocks. I was going to take a look at this, but wanted some input on this bike from those that know more about it. Thanks.
    i had the same one and loved it! i thought it was a great climber! Mine was all yellow, i know there were other's that were yellow wit a black swingarm. the bike i had the, SX fork. Not the best but you can make an easy upgrade to something a lot better. The only thing that killed the bike for me, was that I bent the rear dropout. I think there's no replaceable dropout, so be careful. That was my only gripe and why I no longer have it. $325 sound like a good deal. have fun!
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwick84 View Post
    Did you ever buy the Mantra?