Thread: set post clamp

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

set post clamp

I want a decent seat post QR clamp for my 2002 Fuel90. Someone told me the seat tube is unusually large, I think they said it was 37.8mm. Hope do a 36.4mm will I get away with using this one, if not where can I get one to fit ?

mtbr member
    Salsa. I put a salsa lip lock on my cake which also has a fatter tube. Salsa makes many sizes and the one you want would be flip lock - I think. These look good. I will not use a QR anymore because my post kept slipping no matter how tight I cranked it, but if i did, i would try the salsa one.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel clarkson
    I want a decent seat post QR clamp for my 2002 Fuel90. Someone told me the seat tube is unusually large, I think they said it was 37.8mm. Hope do a 36.4mm will I get away with using this one, if not where can I get one to fit ?
    I would contact either Trek directly or call a local Trek dealer for the "correct" size ....and pray that the person answering your question knows what they're talking about.

mtbr member
    Oh yeh I forgot - The size was written inside the seat post clamp on my bike.

You might find it on their website under the bike specs.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks for your replies. I'll check with my local trek dealer, but salsa seem to make larger clamps than I've seen elsewhere so I'll probbaly get one of those.