mtbr member

Session 88 DH questions

Hi,

someone say what is Seatpost size on this frame ?

Does Session 88 have the same derailleur hanger than Fuel EX ? (12mm VS Standard rear axle)

http://www.derailleurhanger.com/trek.htm

Thankssss

Eric

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    31.6 seatpost

The der hanger is different than the Fuel EX. The Fuel EX hanger doubles as an axle for the ABP pivot. The Session hanger does not; it is flat-ish with with a hole in it.

The Session has ISCG tabs; not ISCG 05.

150mm rear end spacing, 83mm BB

Hmm... I think that's all you'd need to know to build one up if you bought a frame. Let me know if I forgot anything.

mtbr member
    Thanksss

Session 88 DH with Boxxer WC 2009, BurgtecCarbon seatpost & Sunline Direct Mount Stem (Photoshop...of course)

mtbr member
    And with BOS Stoy rear shock

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Sweet Boxxer ! But the Fox will do for the meantime ! (i answer you here since VV is way too sloooow, Hellscott

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Septentrion
    Sweet Boxxer ! But the Fox will do for the meantime ! (i answer you here since VV is way too sloooow, Hellscott

mtbr member
    Does anybody know if you can put a front swing on the frame (E-Type or something else) and run it with two Chainrings?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    aparently not

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    by the way thanks for the info, I just got the frame, and swaping my stuff from another bike to this one.

Hey...how well can this bike pedal uphill??

Old Skool Dirt Bag
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini
    Does anybody know if you can put a front swing on the frame (E-Type or something else) and run it with two Chainrings?
    Holtzfelt is your only option unless you are creative with fabricating a mount, the pivot is right behind the ring but there is room above it for a derailleur. Wouldn't be suprised if someone comes up with a kit to retrofit.

I plan to XC/AM mine, about the same weight with proper tires. 34 T front ring and 32T cassette ought to do it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    hey, wait, lets say we get a gravity dropper on the seatpost, then you extend it....and I'm talking about the FR version with the Totem rockshock fork.
    Then you max out the angle adjust on the seat post so the seat is as level as possible with the stem....would it be possible?
    Can you pedal uphill?? Man, I don't wanna always have to push the bike up.... not every mountain has a shuttle you know...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 4 Jaw Chuck
    Holtzfelt is your only option unless you are creative with fabricating a mount, the pivot is right behind the ring but there is room above it for a derailleur. Wouldn't be suprised if someone comes up with a kit to retrofit.

I plan to XC/AM mine, about the same weight with proper tires. 34 T front ring and 32T cassette ought to do it.
    which one the FR or the DH one?

I'm gonna run 32T in the front with 32T in the back, but was thinking of going to 34T in the back...I think the bike would be perfect if the seatpost angle was like 68 instead of 58....that blows.
    Then there would be no reason for the remedy to exist.

Old Skool Dirt Bag
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by leyjonathan
    which one the FR or the DH one?

I'm gonna run 32T in the front with 32T in the back, but was thinking of going to 34T in the back...I think the bike would be perfect if the seatpost angle was like 68 instead of 58....that blows.
    Then there would be no reason for the remedy to exist.
    Same bike, different components like the fork, derailleur etc.

Who cares about the seat angle, stand up! Might want to rethink the integrated stem thing though, the factory one turned upside down works pretty good for an all around AM option. Just not as pretty.

You can always limit the fork travel and move the stanctions down in the fork. I plan on removing the stock no ramp Saint front ring so there is no snatching and running a ramped and pinned 34 Tooth Raceface 7075AL ring for the front, the G2 chain device will get a floating idler too once I get it on the mill.

The only advantage to a single crown for AM is turning radius on the tight trails, I figure the front tire stoppie technique is the way I do them now anyway so who cares.

Who needs a Remedy?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I'm just putting on my AM stem, 50mm 0 degree rise, with 29.5 inch bars and 20mm rise

what do ya think?

Members who have read this thread: 0