Thread: Scratch Air 9

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Scratch Air 9

I just started riding. Im currently on a HiFi 29er. It feels huge to me in the tight twistys and turns. I ride markham park here in Florida. I know the 29er is a fast bike and rolls over crap like a monster truck, but I don't see myself doing 30 through these trails. I also would like to bring my old BMX bike days out and hit some jumps. So question is should I get the Scratch Air 9? When I think of technical trails, Markham comes to mind.

What to do???

Illuminati
    test ride the scratch & see if you like it. scratch has been dropped for 2012, so you might find 1 cheaper on closeout?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by scant View Post
    test ride the scratch & see if you like it. scratch has been dropped for 2012, so you might find 1 cheaper on closeout?
    I just picked up a 2011 Remedy 9.8 with a bunch of upgrades..more of a 9.9 now. USED, but clean. Rode it for the first time this morning. I feel that is alot easier to ride the trails at markham. More pedal time will tell me whats better. May have to keep both the 29er and 26er. Im sure im not the only guy with a bike buying problem

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    believe me you are not the only guy with a bike buying problem

The scratch is out for 2012, replaced by the slash.

The slash and remedy will feel completely different because of the front fork 32 vs 36

mtbr member
    I rode a Hifi 29 last year and wanted more so i bought a Scratch 8 this year for the mountain and kept the Hifi for the woods. Both great bikes. But it is so much more fun on the Scratch. Different type of riding then you are looking at but the Scratch air could be a great all around bike. Good luck on your choice.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I test rode a Scratch 9 and it was GREAT! Just wish I would have been able to afford it at the time...lol