mtbr member

Scratch 7 prices...

My lbs can get me a Scratch 7 for $3354 out the door. Does anyone know where I can get a better deal?

Warrior's Society
    Trek does not allow internet or mail order sales.......so you will have to get one from a LBS......unless you find a used one.

So prices are probably gonna be very close from Trek dealer to Trek dealer.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    There seems to be a very short supply of the Scratch in any model.At the moment there is only one size large in in the USA.Dealers are going to get fulllll price.I'm going to live with my old bike and see what happens as they become more available.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    So you want a dealer to sell you a brand new model early in the season and take ~$500 off?

Quote Originally Posted by frikka
    There seems to be a very short supply of the Scratch in any model.At the moment there is only one size large in in the USA.Dealers are going to get fulllll price.I'm going to live with my old bike and see what happens as they become more available.
    I could have you a scratch 7 in my shop in 3 days. they don't have a bunch but they are there. Not sure where you heard that about the large bikes but its not true. Scratch 9's they only have the larger sizes left until September.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by josh8
    So you want a dealer to sell you a brand new model early in the season and take ~$500 off?
    Thats exactly what I wanted to hear. My LBS said they'd give me one for 500 bucks off. The 3354 is with tax. So to know that its a screaming deal, makes me feel .

Not to mention, I got to demo a scratch 9 this weekend at Duthie Hill Grand Opening in Issaquah, WA. I rode a few other bikes, and the Scratch was the last one. I was sold after taking it down only a few trails, but of course I took it down some more just for kicks. I even busted the chain into a few peices and had to hike the bike back to the booth. Placing my order on Tuesday!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I thought I'd have to look into a demo bike.I'm actually interested in the 8 in large.I called 2 shops in norcal last week and they both said the same thing.Where is your shop josh8?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Yeah Scratch 8's in a large are gone until September. Try a big dealer like a concept store. They would be your best bet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I've never heard of a concept store.Tried googling it and got motorcycles I can wait until I can test one.I still haven't got any real feedback on how they climb.Especially out of the saddle.I stand up for short bursts a lot.Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    In my opinion, they climb better than I thought they would. I talked to some other kids that rode it and they said it was a pain in the ass to crawl up trails. After that I avoided riding it and rode some other bikes first. But towards the end of the day, I went over to the trek tent and waited like 30 mins to try one out. They had 3 scratches that they had for demo and all were being ridden. They were really popular, and lots of people were asking about them.

And just so you know, I am 6'5 and 225 lbs.

Once I got on the large Scratch 9, I went over to the Jump section to hit a few table tops. The bike is at least 5 lbs lighter than Kona Stinky, which let me get some good air, and the suspension was really smooth, even when I cased one of the jumps.

In the same jump park there were a few 4 foot drops. After riding over those, my impressions of the bike improved even more. It soaked up my weight like it was nothing. Now for a little more intense trail.

I rode over to another trail that had a couple bigger jumps, bigger drops, was a lot faster and I had never ridden it before. The bike gave me so much confidence and performed really well. The bike was maintaining speed very well and at one moment, almost flew out from under my feet because the bike was handling everything so well. I was hitting jumps and drops that were a little outside of my skill level.

At the end of that trail, I came to a crossroad that i could either go up a gravel road to the clearing, or hit up a pretty gnarly XC trail, I chose the XC trail. The elevation changes in the trail were only about 50-200 feet. It was really muddy greasy terrain, and some of the climbs were actually pretty steep. But the bike climbed just as well as my Specialized Hardrock if not better. It didn't feel like I lost any energy in peddling, no bouncing effect. I climbed everything I threw at it.

After about a mile or so the chain busted on me, but I was like the 30th person to ride that bike this day, so who knows what its been through.

Like I said, this bike felt like it was made for me, and a Trek Scratch is what I am going to buy.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by frikka
    I've never heard of a concept store.Tried googling it and got motorcycles I can wait until I can test one.I still haven't got any real feedback on how they climb.Especially out of the saddle.I stand up for short bursts a lot.Thanks for the help.
    A store with mostly Trek made stuff only. Generally a large dealer.

mtbr member
    My new Scratch 7 will be here Monday!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

2010 Trek Scratch Air 8

Did some local trails that I know my times climbing up on a light hardtail. Was a little more work, mainly because of geometry, but not considerably slower. It climbs very well, goes down even better, Loving mine, had it 3 weeks now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scratch 7 prices...-bikes-5-20-10-007-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    So... I got my scratch today, but since I'm sick, I haven't gotten to really ride it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Oh! I'll break her in for you! Which model did you get? How much did you pay? I'm wondering if a scratch is worth 1000 bucks more than a similar reign x.

mtbr member
    I got the Scratch 7 (XL), got it for 3200.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Thanks nice price.Sounds like 500 off msrp is standard.Get well soon & happy trails.

mtbr member
    I was also pretty stoked to find out that it came with a shock pump, it was a nice little addition to the package.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I'm wondering if the price you mentioned was "out the door price" taxes shipping etc. I live in Nor Cal. and the taxes are huge plus shops aren't giving great deals.Where is your shop? I might check them out.Ps you cant have enough shock pumps.One for home,one for the truck tool kit.