mtbr member
    Feb 2006

SantaCruz Nomad Vs. GF Cake2dlx

SantaCruz Nomad Vs. GF Cake2dlx. Which one is better? they both weigh the same but the nomad has 6.5" of travel. Is the Fox 36r better than the Fox float R 130mm? they also both cost the same.
    06' Gary Fisher Cake 2dlx with Azonic MTN X Pedals
    06' Giant Reign 2 with Wellgo MG-1 Pedals

Dirt Displacer
    The Cake is a very nice bike, it's fast, strong, and looks good doing what it does, and the Nomad is the same way.

But if you find yourself constantly wondering if your bike is going to take the abuse you dish out, want an efficient climber, and occasionally get the urge to no-brakes-it down some really gnar hills, I'd say the Nomad is the optimal choice. You can also build a Nomad with really lightweight parts-spec, and get an excellent epic-ride bike.
    The Santa Cruz doesn't act like you'd think a six-inch travel bike would, it never bogs down, and will do anything you ask of it.

The Cake doesn't have as long of a set of legs as the Nomad, but it can definitely suck up all of what an average trail-rider would encounter, but it's still a decidedly cross-country bike as far as geometery and suspension travel goes.

The Fat Possum more on the same level as the Nomad, and if you're considering a Nomad, I'd definitely suggest looking at the Possum. They are VERY sweet bikes, my wife loves hers, as well as her Cake. If I hadn't bought my Nomad, I probably would've gotten a Possum.
    Bombardier :::: MCM #249

[SIZE="5"]Trails Listings, GPS Tracks, & Forums[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="5"]Singletracks.com[/SIZE]

w3rd.

Sorry guys, but..

I'd have to say Normad. I would kill to have one.

sorry

Dirt Displacer
    Why not get a Nomad AND a Fat Possum??

Bombardier :::: MCM #249

[SIZE="5"]Trails Listings, GPS Tracks, & Forums[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="5"]Singletracks.com[/SIZE]