Thread: Which Saddle??

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Which Saddle??

My liquid came with the bontrager race lite saddle which was kind of comfortable at first but the more i ride it the more uncomfortable it gets. Im considering maybe a WTB Rocket V Race but wanted to know from you guys which saddles you recommend.
    thanks
    2005 Trek Liquid 55

Full Monty Bike Bore
    Nov 2004
    I never got on with any of the WTB's (rocket or shadow) and have found that the hammock shape of the Fizik (gobi) fits really well and is much more comfortable. I also felt that the relatively square sides of the WTB's were digging into my bones.

As we're all different shapes and sizes I expect that you'll get many different answers.

See if any mates will let you have an hour or so ride to try their saddles.

Good luck.
    Knobblies MTBing Blog

"Always carry a flagon of whisky in case of a snakebite, furthermore, always carry a snake" W.C.Fields

Virus
    Quote Originally Posted by Farqui
    As we're all different shapes and sizes I expect that you'll get many different answers.

That is correct!

In fact, I like the WTB Speed V saddle on my Saber, but on the Fuel I'm still using the stock Bonty Race. In fact, I was going to get a Bonty for my Saber, but I thought I'd try the WTB out.

Maybe try a friend's saddle and get an idea or go to a shop and see if they'll let you try before you buy?
    [Insert witty signature here]

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    If you are looking for a lightweight saddle that is also comfortable try a serfas stinger rs. With TI rails and weighing in at around 190 grams for only 75 isn't too bad and it is very comfortable.