Thread: Which Saddle??

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Which Saddle??

My liquid came with the bontrager race lite saddle which was kind of comfortable at first but the more i ride it the more uncomfortable it gets. Im considering maybe a WTB Rocket V Race but wanted to know from you guys which saddles you recommend.
    thanks
    2005 Trek Liquid 55

Full Monty Bike Bore
    Nov 2004
    I never got on with any of the WTB's (rocket or shadow) and have found that the hammock shape of the Fizik (gobi) fits really well and is much more comfortable. I also felt that the relatively square sides of the WTB's were digging into my bones.

As we're all different shapes and sizes I expect that you'll get many different answers.

See if any mates will let you have an hour or so ride to try their saddles.

Good luck.
    [SIZE="1"]Knobblies MTBing Blog

"Always carry a flagon of whisky in case of a snakebite, furthermore, always carry a snake" W.C.Fields[/SIZE]

Virus
    Quote Originally Posted by Farqui
    As we're all different shapes and sizes I expect that you'll get many different answers.

That is correct!

In fact, I like the WTB Speed V saddle on my Saber, but on the Fuel I'm still using the stock Bonty Race. In fact, I was going to get a Bonty for my Saber, but I thought I'd try the WTB out.

Maybe try a friend's saddle and get an idea or go to a shop and see if they'll let you try before you buy?
    [Insert witty signature here]

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    If you are looking for a lightweight saddle that is also comfortable try a serfas stinger rs. With TI rails and weighing in at around 190 grams for only 75 isn't too bad and it is very comfortable.