mtbr member

RumbleFish Pro or Norco Sight Killer B 2

Hi in the last week I've been debating 650b wheel size and I'm unsure about there future. So here's my problem Rumblefish Pro or Sight Killer B 2 which one to buy. Dislikes about the Rumblefish no Isg tabs and never ridden on one dont no if I will like a full suspension 29er. Dislikes about the Sight I dont no how well it will climb and if 650b turns out to be a flop stuck with a bike that will be hard to sell and find parts for. So I was hoping that this forum could help me decide. Climbing decending and cornering are all very important to me and I,ve never run a chain guide but like the option. Oh and last two bike I rode were 29er hard tail and Fuel ex 8.

Andrew
    Rumblefish FTW. Awesome riding, tough-as-nails 5" travel bike. Was going to purchase one a few weeks ago but my LBS had a carbon Superfly 100 on closeout I couldn't say no to. Much better at climbing and more agile than my previous 29er hardtail.
    2012 Trek Superfly 100

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I currently have a Rumblefish and Sight Killer B is on the top of my list for my next bike. I have yet to ride the Norco since they are just not getting into stores but all the reviews are glowing.

I will start by saying I love my Rumblefish, but it is far from the bike it started as. I have upgraded/changed almost everything on the bike. The biggest improvement was going with carbon wheels, the bike really livened up. It's so much more playful now than it was, the front end lifts with ease and the stiff/light wheels make it much more flickable and precise. For me, and the way I ride, I want something with more travel. That's where my biggest flaw with this bike comes in. The rear shock, I hate that thing. It either blows through travel or kills me in the fast chatter. Which living in the Southeast we have a lot of roots and rocks is an issue, it might not be for you. It also doesn't like to jump as well as I would like it too. Just feels a bit awkward in the air. I must say it climbs better than anything else I have ridden though. It absolutely flies up technical climbs. The bike also corners extremely well.

So for me the Sight fits the build of what I'm looking for in my next bike. I want something with more travel and that is more playful. Also, I haven't looked into this but I believe the rear shock uses a standard eye to eye length so I could run something along the lines of DB Air in the rear if I wanted to (which I do). ISCG tabs are also a big plus, running the RF 1x10 with a clutch RD and a Bionic C-Guide I still drop my chain occasionally.

My biggest advice though is to go and and ride both, both are great options. For me what would keep me from buying a Trek again is the proprietary suspension, but then again I'm picky about that sort of thing.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I have a 2013 RF Pro, love it but I've not ridden the other bike you mention

mtbr member
    Thanks for you replies Matt

T.W.O
    Rumblefish does it all. We had a trek rep come in talking about how it was crushing every bike out in colorado during testing. If you're worried about descending and cornering I would want a bigger contact patch which the big wheel offers. Plus with the g2 geo I wouldn't worry about it being a sluggish 29er. We got them in my shop and I am eyeing them everyday lol
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I've just got a Rumblefish Elite and I have to say it is the most insanely stable bike in the air and on descents that I've ridden short of a full-blown downhill bike.

I've got a +6" travel Norco Range (26") sitting in my garage that has gotten no love since I got the Rumblefish. The Trek just out-performs it in every category - it's a like a plow in rock gardens, climbs like a goat and I now look to boost off of every rock and root on the trail without fear of catastrophe.

The Range inspired much confidence when I got it, but the Rumblefish takes it to another level.

My biased $0.02.