And then?

New question here. Rolf Sattelite wheels question

I own a '01 TREK 8000. The stock wheels were over due for a hub maintenance so I took them to my LBS (which sells TREK) for a overhaul last fall. I could not ride the bike more than once last fall as it strated snowing a week later. I did, however, notice the rear hub making muffled "clunking" noise when the wheel turns. They told me they replaced bearings and stuff. Could this be a consequence of lack of greese? Or did they screw up something in there real bad? I don't even know if I can bring it back there, or if they even find the time to look at it (as this bike was not purchased there). Should I keep ridin this bike on these wheels or get it looked at asap?

Thanks
    [SIZE="2"]"GO FISH OR GO HOME!"[/SIZE]

monkey's throw poo
    Jun 2004

could

could be the bearing race causing your problems? or if you're freewheeling, the freehub body could be the problem, hard to say unless someone personally sees and feels the wheel themselves. full internal build kits are available for these wheels, since they share the same internals as the bontrager wheels (thank god for that, rolfs were expensive wheels)
    two six is bet-ta

Quote Originally Posted by 2inthehole
    . full internal build kits are available for these wheels, since they share the same internals as the bontrager wheels (thank god for that, rolfs were expensive wheels)
    Interesting - did not know that . I'm still running my old Sattelites on my Fuel, with a few servicings and no trouble at all (other than the "flex," which I've gotten used to...heh )