mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Replacing your Trek's FOX shock

So, I'm looking to replace my 2013 Remedy's FOX Float DRCV CTD shock. From the website, it's length is 7.75x2.25"

However, at the FOX website, the Float shocks they have have the following lengths:

7.50 x 2.00
    7.875 x 2.00
    7.875 x 2.25
    8.50 x 2.50
    8.75 x 2.50
    9.50 x 3.00

Can I use the Float shock with 7.875 x 2.25 length? Is it compatible, will it fit in my bike?

Thanks guys.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    It should fit. I'm not so sure about how this would effect sag, travel, etc. You blew up your DRCV shock? You might be able to find a boost value version of the same shock if you prefer that.
    2 wheels == True

Diggity Dog
    The Trek Remedy and all Trek DRCV bikes for that matter use a trunnion style upper shock mount. All the shocks on the Fox site are a standard mount so you can not use them without some type of modification which I know has been done but is probably not the easiest or cheapest conversion.

Why are you looking to change your shock?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Thanks guys. I'm just looking to replace it in the future with the newer Float X CTD shocks that's coming out: FLOAT X CTD w/Trail Adjust Bike Shock | FOX

OhGee: other than FOX, what other shocks out there can I use to replace the DRCV without complicated mounting conversions?

Diggity Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by tryinghardrider View Post
    Thanks guys. I'm just looking to replace it in the future with the newer Float X CTD shocks that's coming out: FLOAT X CTD w/Trail Adjust Bike Shock | FOX

OhGee: other than FOX, what other shocks out there can I use to replace the DRCV without complicated mounting conversions?
    Fox is the only company I know of that makes a Trek DRCV compatible shock with the side or trunnion mount. You could maybe switch to a standard top mount by acquiring the right parts from Trek. You might need a new evo link or maybe just the right spacers, not sure, but then you would lose the advantage of the larger air volume that DRCV gives you.

It's quite possible that Fox will use the new technology in the DRCV shock as well next year. Then you can buy a new shock from Trek and bolt it on.

By the way Trek lists the non DRCV shock as a 7.25 X 2.00. They use these on the lower level Fuels.

mtbr member
    [

By the way Trek lists the non DRCV shock as a 7.25 X 2.00. They use these on the lower level Fuels.[/QUOTE]

Just a note: The Fuel uses a shorter length/travel shock than the Remedy. This is according to the Trek web site.
    There are threads on converting Remedy's to coil shocks. The same method can be used to fit many brands of air shocks. As popular as Treks are you may find a hardware "kit" somewhere.
    2012 Trek Remedy 9.8...Yep, the one with the little wheels.

Diggity Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikiguy View Post

Just a note: The Fuel uses a shorter length/travel shock than the Remedy. This is according to the Trek web site.
    There are threads on converting Remedy's to coil shocks. The same method can be used to fit many brands of air shocks. As popular as Treks are you may find a hardware "kit" somewhere.
    Oops, my bad I meant Remedy. I have Fuel on the brain since I own one.