mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Remedy 9 29er first ride

Picked up a Remedy 9 29er last weekend and finally manged to get out on the local trails. The trails are kinda fast and jumpy with some rocky sections, with tennis to rugby ball sized rocks.

First off, this is a very nimble bike, easy to launch off drops and jumps, (nothing too big, just 2-3ft, after all it was the first shakedown ride) carries speed really well through rocky sections and corners like it on rails, this really does motor along at fair speed and just keeps going. And climbing was excellent, the only thing I noticed was when it got steep the front end did tend to lift, but the back never seemed to loose traction, especially on the rocky climbs where you are just waiting for the back wheel to spin out.

Had no trouble with switchbacks either which I thought may have been an issue. So after the first ride, I'm impressed, gotta tweak a couple of things to get the set up right, as its all stock at the moment, but going to give it a bit more of a thrashing next ride.

mtbr member
    I tried the Remedy 8 a week ago on mountain trails and liked it. Do you feel that you can take advantage of the full travel? Maybe the terrain I used it on was not demanding enough, but I felt that the slacker geo and extra travel over the Fuel EX was a bit hard to take advantage of for me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I came from a remedy 26er so use it on the same tracks, so was looking for a 29er with slack angles and 130-140 travel. Was at a local trail centre over the weekend on a 2 hour ride, fireroad climbs and singletrack downs and handled it really well, however if I was regularly riding stuff that wasn't steep rocky and jumpy then I may have gone with the fuel,(depending on a test ride of both)

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    How much does your Remedy Niner weigh ?

I saw a new Fuel Ex 8 -29 at the dealer in St Louis and the welds looked hideous and the bike seemed heavy.

My Remedy 9.7 is at 28 lbs.

Thx

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by u1-2go View Post
    How much does your Remedy Niner weigh ?

I saw a new Fuel Ex 8 -29 at the dealer in St Louis and the welds looked hideous and the bike seemed heavy.

Thx
    yup. i was disappointed in the finish of the remedy 9 29er i saw at the trek store

No longer a hardtailkid.
    How does she compare to the Remedy 26 you rode previously?
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonys
    Its still just the push of a button away...
    I am no longer a hardtailkid. 2012 Trek Remedy 9!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I would say it rides very similar, infact better than the 26er, carries speed better, still quite playful, you can ride the steep stuff and drops, very confidence inspiring.