mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Remedy 66 Suspension

I'm looking to upgrade my suspension on my 66 and was wondering what everyone recommends? Also, how much would it throw off the geometry if I went from the stock 145mm fork to a 160mm or 170mm fork?

mtbr member

Go for it

Have no fear, and go big. If you look at the '07 Trek catalog, you'll see a nice and good Talas 36 laying just fine in the front of it. As far as I know, your frame is up to a 6-inch plus rear travel, and a 160mm fork will really do wonders to your bike. Think no more, and take the fastest way up or downhill: straight and over the trails. Oh man, that's gonna be fun.

I like to ride my bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by frofan
    I'm looking to upgrade my suspension on my 66 and was wondering what everyone recommends? Also, how much would it throw off the geometry if I went from the stock 145mm fork to a 160mm or 170mm fork?
    Coil or air as the rear shock? I personally don't like Fox air shocks much, but it does not sound like you want XCish stuff on your bike if you're putting a 160mm fork on. The DHX coil is cool and you may want to consider a CaneCreek Double Barrel if you have the money. Marzocchi Roco is also very popular.
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog