wuss

Remedy 66 sizing

I'm trying to figure out Trek's sizing, and having some grief. I'd have a chance to get a new 2006 Remedy 66 for a very good price, pretty much the price of the frame as far as I'm concerned. It's an online shop with no chance to try it out.

I currently have a 19" (Large) Planet-X Armadillo which has always felt good on the road, but a bit long on trails. The feeling of longness might also be due to the slack headtube angle as I have a AM2 for on it (Planet-X says 70 degrees head angle with a 100mm fox fork...). Still, I use the bike a lot on trails and even go for light downhilling once or twice a year, and on those occasions it feels too long (even though I only have a 50mm stem).

I'm about 189cm tall, I guess that would be almost 6'4". Looking at the geometry table the 17.5" Remedy seems to be slightly shorter then my current bike:

current top tube: 61cm
    remedy top tube: 59cm

current stand over: 77cm
    remedy stand over: 74cm

So if the feeling that my current frame is too long is correct (and not due to an overly slack head angle) it would seem that this would be pretty good. The main problem could be the seat tube length (17.5 vs 19")?

Am I mad to even consider such a small frame?
    Last edited by dropadrop; 05-31-2007 at 01:02 AM.

NMBP/OMBA crew!
    you may want the smaller frame to throw around and stuff. i ride xc frame 19.5 and my freeride bitter is a 17.5 frame. works out perfect for me. im 6'1" but its mostly in the legs, i think you should be fine with that size bro.
    http://ocalabicyclecenter.com/

Rubber side down is good for me