Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Remedy 6

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Don_Tomazo 
#1 ·
Baught it for a month ago but I got it just now and yesterday I took my first testrun on it. It is not a very good climber but I guess I knew that before I baught it. Downill is really fun on thos bike and when my buddy hit the breaks I just kept peddaling to increase speed. :thumbsup:

Wheel Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim

See less See more
#4 ·
the problem of the remedy (especially the 6) is that everybody do think it is a freeride bike due of the impressive rocker link and the burly frame. In fact it is excellent bike for improving stamina as it climbs very well, it will be very comfortable for light downhill but not engaged. The only weaknes is the Nixon fork wich is not elaborate enough to play with on uphills or downhills. Trek should adapt a real AM fork blockable (same for the swinger). This bike is designed for a long lifeime, the maintenance is limited compared to an other bike (my Ransom 40 for example) and the quality of the components is very good (except of course the Manitous stuff). On technical section it is more precise and will respond straight to your requests.

#5 ·
Well allright, it doesen´t climb bad but a stiff frame climbs better and that´s what I hade before this one.

I have a cuestion fore you experts out there; The Remedy didn´t have all the eqipment that was listed in the specs. Among other things it was supposed to have a 20 mm front wheel-axle but it didn´t. The breakes were supposed to be Avid juicy 5 with an 8" disc in front and 7" in the back but it is two 6" disc and breakes from Hayes. They are very good but offcourse I want the bigger discs.
When I´m looking at Manitou´s homepage and the Nixon elite fork that the Remedy has I see that there is a 20 mm axle on and it doesns seem to have a another version with a thinner axle. Is my fork not a -07?

I´m gonna talk to the company that delivered the bike about this offcourse.

These are the specs that the bike should have: (swedish)

Artikelnr 1187600117 | 1187600217 | 1187600317 | 1187600417
Storlek 15.5" | 17,5" | 19,5" | 21,5"
Ram Trek ZR 9000 Alu
Bak ram Trek ZR 9000 Alu
Framgaffel Manitou "NEW" Nixon Elite 130-160, SPV, volume, 160mm, 20mm axle
Bakdämp. Manitou "New" Swinger Air 3 Way 7.875X2.25
Styrlager VP A51A 1 1/8"
Vevparti Bontrager Race 22/32/44
Vevlager Giga X Pipe
Framväxel Shimano LX M581, 34.9mm
Bakväxel Shimano M751 XT (switch to M761 when available)
Reglage Shimano Deore M510
Kassett Sram PG970 11-34, 9spd
Kedja Shiamno HG53, 112
Fram däck " New" Jones ACX 2.35 127tpi kelvar folding
Bak däck " New" Jones ACX 2.35 127tpi kelvar folding
Fram broms Avid Juicy 5, hydraulic disc 8in
Bak broms Avid Juicy 5, hydraulic disc 7in
Bromshandtag Avid Juicy 5
Styre Bontrager Race , 31.8x40mm
Styrstam Bontrager Race 31.8 x 7 deg
Handtag Bontrager Lock-ons
Sadel Race saddle; Hollow cr-mo w/ti finish.
Sadestolpe Bontrager Race 27.2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.