mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Remedy(26 or 29er) and their ABP rear sus - questions

So

in the market for the next bike - this one's on the finalist list - hoping to demo soon.

BUT - have never paid attn to Trek's mt bikes - and curious about the overall capability and ride of this sus design.

it looks like it would solve some of the deficiencies of my current single pivot bike - and i know its extremely similar to the well recieved s p lit piv
    design (yes - i know there's a lawsuit pending?)

any feedback would be appreciated - needless to say - seat of pants feel is always the best gauge but any good feedback would be appreciated

current ride = Kona Satori - brilliant bike for what it is - just looking for a better all over, all-arounder - lighter, more efficient and less brake jack

thanks

Zaf
    mtbr member
    Thought that lawsuit was settled. Both companies showed they came to a similar design of their own accord and research and it was settled by issuing separate patents on the two designs.

The Remedy's just stick when bombing over rough stuff. ABP is the real deal, it does work, and beautifully in conjunction with DRCV, your braking power is amazing because the wheel has great contact and tracking over terrain and transitions seamlessly between small and large bumps.

That said, modern suspension design has made a lot of suspensions viable. Commencal still run a single pivot to link and their bikes feel REALLY good as well.

You've said it already though, go throw your leg over one and tell us what you think.

mtbr member
    I demo'd the Remedy 8 29 in Sedona and I can say the bike is awesome. Climbs well and down hill it just comes alive. Very capable and fun bike!

Trips for Kids Denver
    I had an Epic Marathon 29 and it would chatter and skid coming into high speed corners. I tested a buddys Superfly 100 with ABP and immediately sold the Epic. With the money I bought a used Superfly 100 carbon and a Rumblefish Elite. Great 1-2 punch!!
    " I'm not inclined to resign to maturity "

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    ABP and 142x12mm rear axle is ROCK-SOLID....one of the best. The Full Floater suspension is a Motocross carryover that is equally as effective on MTB. Just leave the rear shock on OPEN and you'll barely ever see pedal bob, brake squat/jack, or tire skid and get that bottomless, plush ride, only found heavier FR bikes.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    So - rode the Remedy 9 29er this past weekend - really "easy" bike to get along with and worked quite nice (pretty much disappeared under me once I adjusted the tire pressure and rebound on the trail) - it was more bike than the trails called for - but could see this as a good all around ride for everything CO/UT/WY/NM have as a single quiver ride.

indeed - rear felt solid, was active on the few rocky, rooty, tech climbs and did not get jacked by braking in studders or rocks...

definitely impressed