Thread: Remedy 1x10

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Remedy 1x10

I am considering going 1x10 on my Remedy 9.9. It currently has XTR M980 2x10 drivetrain RD-M985 Shadow + rear derailleur.

What brand/model single chainring 32t is 10spd compatible? I was thinking Renthal, but e-tailors says it 9spd, where as Renthal's website says it is 8/9/10spd compatible. Raceface and Chromag are on my short list too.

How about chain guide for a carbon Remedy?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    i bought a trek remedy 7 and made it a 1x10 with chain guide, is it ok if its 36t, its 10spd im pretty sure, and a chain guide would be a E-thirteen LS1+ chain guide that is relatively cheap.
    the thing about raceface is that there a really good brand for cranks but the downside is that there really expensive

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I actually have a 33T red ethirteen chainring and gamut p30 bash ring chain guide for sale If interested. $80 for both.

Contact me if interested.
    2011 Trek Remedy 7

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I'm planning to do this with my 2010 Remedy 7 in the next few weeks. I'll be using a Race Face single ring, which they list as 9/10 speed compatible. It was hard to track down a 32T in the color I wanted, but some popped up on eBay earlier in December. I'll be upgrading the RD to the Zee FR shadow+ along with Zee 10sp shifter and Shimano 10sp cassette. Been running 2x9 since I got the bike and rarely use the 22T chainring, so 1x10 seemed like a good route to take.

mtbr member
    I have the same Remedy frame as you fcaw11. I was initially running XTR 2x10 (38/26) and switched to a single ring setup. I went with a Renthal 34t, XTR Shadow Plus rear derailleur and the MRP 1x chainguide. Problem with the 2011 carbon Remdy's is that your only option for a chainguide is direct mount as there is no ISCG mounts and has a press fit bottom bracket. I didn't like the MRP. I could never get it set up to where it wouldn't rub a lot. It was a real pain to deal with. I ended up ditching the 1x set up and going back to 2x10 but with a 36/26. I like this set up a lot. It works perfectly for the riding I do. However if Shimano were to come out with a 1x11 set up similar to SRAM's I'd buy it in a second.

mtbr member
    I just converted my brothers 2012 Remedy 8 to 1x10. Does anyone have some tips on the best way to cover the holes in the frame that are for the front derailleur cable?
    Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon - Specialized Demo 8 II
    YKYMF - YouTube Channel - AM/DH Vids

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thanks Shanem. Save me $ and time from trying the MRP 1X direct mount guide. When Shimano comes out with a 1x11 setup, I'm going for it. Interestingly, there a thread on MTBR on a members bike with XX1 crankset with XTR M980 cassette and Shadow+ rear derailleur.

Quote Originally Posted by shanem View Post
    I have the same Remedy frame as you fcaw11. I was initially running XTR 2x10 (38/26) and switched to a single ring setup. I went with a Renthal 34t, XTR Shadow Plus rear derailleur and the MRP 1x chainguide. Problem with the 2011 carbon Remdy's is that your only option for a chainguide is direct mount as there is no ISCG mounts and has a press fit bottom bracket. I didn't like the MRP. I could never get it set up to where it wouldn't rub a lot. It was a real pain to deal with. I ended up ditching the 1x set up and going back to 2x10 but with a 36/26. I like this set up a lot. It works perfectly for the riding I do. However if Shimano were to come out with a 1x11 set up similar to SRAM's I'd buy it in a second.