mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Question about a dent in new Klein Attitude frame...

I have recently discovered a relatively small dent in my 2005 Klein Attitude frame - it is on the top tube about midway down and a little to the side but basically on the top part of the top tube. The paint is not scratched in the least, which makes me wonder how this dent got there. The dent is small, but definitely noticeable. I've owned the bike for about a month. I suppose it could've been there when I bought it and I just missed it. I noticed it about a week after bringing it home. Two questions:

1. Is this likely to compromise the frame integrity? I've got a couple of scratches and that sort of thing on the frame from riding it, but nothing else other than the aforementioned dent.

2. Should I take it back to the dealer (about an hour drive)?

Thanks in advance!

w

Schipperkes are cool.
    Nah, my Palomino's dented the same way. Dont worry so go out and ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

Harrumph
    You would be hard pressed to find a Klein that has been actually ridden and not picked up a few dents. I've been pounding a few Attitude frames with fairly good sized dents for years and they are still going strong.
    Slowly slipping to retrogrouchyness

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    got a 01 adept with a smaller than dime sized dent on the downtube which is not that noticable but bugs me anyway. this is my 1st klein and sometimes the tubes feel almost as if like a beer can where i can crush it with my hand....although i know i probably can't.

I don't ride that often and when i do it is cross country style, mild riding but like to pick up some speed now and then and do some small jumps...SMALL JUMPS! Anybody got an extra med adpet frame w/o dents FS? If this frame ever brakes i would like to replace this frame and just might build another bike