mtbr member

Push DRCV Voume Tuning Kits

Has anyone tried one yet - Push Industries - Trek Bicycles DRCV Volume Tuning Kits

Got a fork one on order and intrigued to see if anyone has managed to try them out at all?

mtbr member
    I had inquired at My Trek dealer way back when I first heard about this tuning kit and they didn't know anything about it. So to answer your question..no. But I'm gonna check it out. Please keep us updated.
    2012 Trek Remedy 9.8...Yep, the one with the little wheels.

mtbr member
    Spacers arrived and fitted very easily into the air spring side of the fork, even just a quick car park test and you can feel a difference. Will report back later after a proper ride out later tonight, started with just the 5cc and will spend a day at my local DH tracks testing the three different sizes soon.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by speedymadr6 View Post
    Spacers arrived and fitted very easily into the air spring side of the fork, even just a quick car park test and you can feel a difference. Will report back later after a proper ride out later tonight, started with just the 5cc and will spend a day at my local DH tracks testing the three different sizes soon.
    can't wait for your report back. been searching for some review on the drcv kit. i just wonder if they will ship it international.

mtbr member
    Back from first ride and a massive improvement, first half of ride was just my normal XC ride, fork behaved over small bumps same and no real noticeable difference. Popped into my local DH tracks on way and instantly noticed how much more compliant the forks are over large step downs. My favourite track has some 2ft root steps on some hair pin bends and normally it feels like the front is pitching me over the front and rear lifts as I hit the bottom of the step.

With the 5cc spacer in, no such feeling, far more controlled through the front and more importantly more grip, definitely felt as though I could hit things faster with the bike more balanced.

Going to try the 7.5cc and I am fairly sure I won't need the 10cc as I weigh 176lb.

Running forks at 95 psi.

Available from UK here - PUSH Parts - TF Tuned Shox

Not sure if they will ship to Europe or international though

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedymadr6 View Post
    Back from first ride and a massive improvement, first half of ride was just my normal XC ride, fork behaved over small bumps same and no real noticeable difference. Popped into my local DH tracks on way and instantly noticed how much more compliant the forks are over large step downs. My favourite track has some 2ft root steps on some hair pin bends and normally it feels like the front is pitching me over the front and rear lifts as I hit the bottom of the step.

With the 5cc spacer in, no such feeling, far more controlled through the front and more importantly more grip, definitely felt as though I could hit things faster with the bike more balanced.

Going to try the 7.5cc and I am fairly sure I won't need the 10cc as I weigh 176lb.

Running forks at 95 psi.

Available from UK here - PUSH Parts - TF Tuned Shox

Not sure if they will ship to Europe or international though
    Sweet! Glad you like it!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Alas, my 2013 Remedy 7 doesn't use a DRCV fork (so I'm stuck with the crappy 2013 FOX Float Evolution fork ), but it has a DRCV shock. Since I weigh around 230 pounds (with gear - maybe a bit heavier with gear ), I'm seriously considering getting the PUSH kit for the shock someday soon.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I just ordered this kit last night for the shock on my 2012 Slash. Should be here in a day or two. I'll post feedback once I get out on it.

mtbr member
    would be interested to hear how you get on ajdemo76, look forward to your report

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I'm waiting for my PUSH DRCV shock kit, too! Might arrive next month. I'm a heavyweight (gone up to 230lbs again ) and aiming (trying) to ride more aggressive with my 2013 Remedy 7, and the PUSH kit seems to be marketed for people like moi hehehehe

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Fwiw Ive been riding with the push kit in my Trek Slash rear shock for about a month. I weigh about 240-250 ready to ride. For my everyday Trail riding (which includes the occasional 2-3ft drop) the large volume spacer made a worlds of difference. Im running less pressure (around 240), and still not bottoming out near as much when I was running 250+. However... The rear end still gets overwhelmed when I ride at the local bike park. Yes its better than no spacer, but still not that great. Im actually waiting for a custom tuned and fitted Vivid air Ive ordered to arrived. Pretty excited about it and the suspense is killing me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Alright, finally got time to ride the Slash with the spacer installed. I weigh about 195 or so geared up and installed the 7cc (medium tune) spacer. For 30% sag, I run 220psi, 10psi less than usual. Same rebound setting. I rode on my "after work" 3 mile loop which has a little of everything.

Sitting Climbs: The bike definitely sits higher in it's travel. There is still some pedal bob no matter what you do with the ProPedal, but not as much. I felt a small boost in the climbs where I didn't before and I get better leg extension on the climbs with the higher seating position. The bike used to wallow in that 50-60% area on climbs before which wasn't the greatest.

Climbing sprint: More efficient, felt like I was climbing with a much lighter bike.

Downhill: Over roots and rocks, no more blowing through most of the travel with every obstacle. Quicker, more snap to the rear.

What really stood out to me was how it handled a single roller on the downhill of this loop. I've always absorbed the front at speed, and pumped off the back which shoots you to a slight uphill left hand berm. I always got that sluggish feel off the back of it and could never get snappy response I wanted without maxing out the air or rebound.

Not anymore. The bike simply responds much closer to how I want it now. A noticable ramp-up in the travel without sacrificing anything in the small bumps and the shock now feels like it matches up better with the fork. When I was done, I had another 30% of the travel reserved for bigger hits which is about what I'd hope for given the terrain I was riding. It'll get a big test at the Moab Enduro.

Is this what this part was supposed to do? I thought I'd just notice a ramp up on the end of the travel, but I felt an improvement all around. I've rode this trail countless times and it was definitely a different ride this time. If you're running a DRCV shock and are unhappy with it, I recommend this upgrade.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Will be getting my push kit very very soon! So excited!!!!!

Trips for Kids Denver
    Do your forks and shocks still use all the travel? Thx.
    " I'm not inclined to resign to maturity "