mtbr member
    Mar 2008

project one mnt bikes

who got one ? please post pics. how long did it take to get ?
    live to ride ride to live

mtbr member
    I haven't bought one yet but it all depends on the parts spec you pick and availability of parts. Also if you do a custom paint job it takes a lot more time.

What are you looking for?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Project One | Trek Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Britishnate View Post
    I haven't bought one yet but it all depends on the parts spec you pick and availability of parts. Also if you do a custom paint job it takes a lot more time.

What are you looking for?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    wow nobody ? thats not good....

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Why isn't that good? You have to choose a very expensive, upper spec bike. You can't customize a $1000, or even a $3000 bike IIRC. Don't be surprised everyone isn't able to do this.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by _Alberto_ View Post
    Why isn't that good? You have to choose a very expensive, upper spec bike. You can't customize a $1000, or even a $3000 bike IIRC. Don't be surprised everyone isn't able to do this.
    Exactly, perhaps Trek will offer more color choices on current more affordable bikes.

mtbr member
    Besides being in a radical income bracket, custom painting a mountain bike makes as much sense as custom painting a mountain bike. Silly rich folk.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleymtnbiker1 View Post
    Besides being in a radical income bracket, custom painting a mountain bike makes as much sense as custom painting a mountain bike. Silly rich folk.....
    If people want to spend their money on it why should it matter? I love when people give the whole "you must be rich" spiel. I myself couldnt afford to do it, but to me it's the same idea as putting racing stripes or decal on a car, or anything to make one of your possessions unique.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallejo View Post
    If people want to spend their money on it why should it matter? I love when people give the whole "you must be rich" spiel. I myself couldnt afford to do it, but to me it's the same idea as putting racing stripes or decal on a car, or anything to make one of your possessions unique.
    Yes, people should spend their money on whatever they feel like. No challenge there. The reality is that one could say a large population of those that frequent this site do not make an income that would support more then 5k for a bicycle with a custom paint job. And an individual being surprised at that is frankly annoying. Often those in that income bracket have "certain" attitudes that fulfill the stereotype of that income bracket. Does not apply to everyone. Anyone shocked that someone cannot afford and post pictures of a custom painted mountain bike should feel silly in my opinion. On top of that it's a mountain bike, a bicycle that will get dirty, crashed, and scratched. Custom paint job makes as much sense as trying to lose weight while eating fast food. Off soap box.