Neg reppers r my biatches
    Jan 2004

Procaliber friggin sweet!!!!!!!

My friend (works at a bike shop) and last week built up the oh so sweet Procaliber (Raceday 26" version)....I was shocked at how sweet it was. Anyway, I peer pressured my other friend from work to buy it....talked him out of an Epic and other bikes. Friggin almost $4000 epic we weighed at the shop was over 28 lbs with pedals...what a joke. I could not believe how much cheaper the Procaliber is than other top of the line off the shelf bikes....it is the best deal in town, period.

I will have ride reports soon....we are riding together next week and I cant wait to see it/try it on the trail.

The pictures on the web do zero justice to the bike.....it looks all the bling. not to mention, it has to be one of the lightest bikes out there for sure. truly awesome.

LW Coaching
    Jul 2005
    What was the weight then? Stock? What size?

Jan 2004
    if i recall, with heavy crappy pedals mind you, size 19" frame, only 24.3 lbs.

mtbr member
    the new print ad says it weighs 23 pounds...

LW Coaching
    Jul 2005
    I'll be able to let you know the weight on a 16" next week

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TrekFan
    the new print ad says it weighs 23 pounds...
    probably does for the size smaller, without pedals (as the bike does not come with pedals). mfctr posted weights are generally not gonna be for a 19" frame, usually posted per medium frames i believe....so with a smaller size frame and no pedals yeah, about 23 lbs. regardless, killer weight for a killer bike, period.

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    probably does for the size smaller, without pedals (as the bike does not come with pedals). mfctr posted weights are generally not gonna be for a 19" frame, usually posted per medium frames i believe....so with a smaller size frame and no pedals yeah, about 23 lbs. regardless, killer weight for a killer bike, period.

Sure looks a lot like a Santa Cruz Superlight.

My LBS got one in yesterday. Seems nice. Wrong size for me, so it felt too small on the parking lot test.

mtnbikej

Jan 2004
    thats like saying the Turner looks a lot like the Kona.....the Ventana looks a lot like KHS, etc......the devils are in the details. Not that Superlight is a bad bike but pivot placement, bearings used (ie, stiffness), size of pivots, etc....are what make a FS bike a bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle

i don't have the mag in front of me (think it's the july issue or MBA), but i'm pretty sure it said it was 23 lbs for a medium. don't think it showed pedals...it's a 2 page spread right inside the front cover with a pretty cool looking exploded view of the bike

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TrekFan
    i don't have the mag in front of me (think it's the july issue or MBA), but i'm pretty sure it said it was 23 lbs for a medium. don't think it showed pedals...it's a 2 page spread right inside the front cover with a pretty cool looking exploded view of the bike
    yeah, i saw that one as well. 23 lbs sounded low to me....my friend at the shop (who actually sold the Procaliber to another friend) weighed it so we could see for ourselves and like I said, the 19", with pedals, was barely over 24 so very impressive. One of the few out there I am sure....I wish I had the bike I may need to steal it from my friend

mtbr member
    i'll tell you what though, that is one beautiful bike. and if you look at the specs and are concerned about weight you can easily drop some grams on it (comes with race light wheelset rather than race x for example)...

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I saw the 2 page ad in Velo News that stated the Procaliber weighed “23 lbs as shown”. Then in a later issue they had a similar 2 page add with a pink Procaliber featuring Willow Keorber instead of JHK. That ad said the bike weighed 22 lbs as shown. It apparently lost a pound. Perhaps it was a special frame for tiny Willow. The parts “as shown” were the same as the production version except for the Egg Beaters. My LBS had a 17” Raceday Procaliber. I weighed it on their hanging scale and it was just under 26 lbs with flat pedals on it. I can’t vouch for the accuracy of my LBS's scale but picking it up it sure wasn’t 23 lbs. Felt more like 25 to 26 lbs. There is some BS going on from GF about the bike’s weight.

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Squating Goat
    I saw the 2 page ad in Velo News that stated the Procaliber weighed “23 lbs as shown”. Then in a later issue they had a similar 2 page add with a pink Procaliber featuring Willow Keorber instead of JHK. That ad said the bike weighed 22 lbs as shown. It apparently lost a pound. Perhaps it was a special frame for tiny Willow. The parts “as shown” were the same as the production version except for the Egg Beaters. My LBS had a 17” Raceday Procaliber. I weighed it on their hanging scale and it was just under 26 lbs with flat pedals on it. I can’t vouch for the accuracy of my LBS's scale but picking it up it sure wasn’t 23 lbs. Felt more like 25 to 26 lbs. There is some BS going on from GF about the bike’s weight.
    that is unfortuante......hmmmmm.

not sure what the heck is going on then.....

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Supercalibur

I bought the Supercalibur version of the Raceday and so far i love it. I have changed out a few items but the weight is 26.6lbs currently in the large frame.

Changes
    XT Crank
    XT cassette
    Sram 990 chain
    Time XC pedals 330 grams
    Bontrager Race Lite Saddle 220 grams
    Bontrager X lite 105 mm stem
    Bontrager XXX lite carbon riser bar
    XTR rear derailur
    XT trigger shifters
    Bontrager Revolt Super X tires with tubes

This was all stuff I took off of a Trek Fuel EX that I had. I swapped the parts over to the Trek and sold it. I am sure I could easily get more weight off of the bike but it feels great the way it is. I am sure I could lose close to a pound in tires and wheels. The bike feels really solid both up and downhill. There is no pedal bob even without the rear shock locked out.