mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Problems with my Trek 6000

I just got my trek 6000 2 days ago and taken it out twice and already the back wheel seems to be wobbling (not noticeable unless it is upside down spinning not when riding) but also the crank bolt came out. I was peddling down teh road and the pedel felt wobbly and I knew that wasn't right and I felt down there and the bolt was loose I did my best with my fingers and continued home finnally the bolt came out in teh dark..found the bolt. I tighten the bolt as tight as I could but still after like 10 mins the crank wobbles....HELP I just bought it..and thats alot of money for me..

mtbr member
    Take it back to the shop that you bought it from and explain your situation. I would also mention that you just bought the bike a coupe days ago and haven't beaten the hell out of it (yet ). What I would ask if I were you is that they check to make sure the bolt isn't stripped and that everything is mounted correctly. The LBS you bought your bike from should be very helpful if they are worth anything. I've been having problems with the seatpost on my 6000 for a while now, and when I took my bike in to get general maintenance done, I mentioned my issue with the seatpost and they swapped it out free of charge.
    "If I am cut, do I not bleed?" -Kane

NMBP/OMBA crew!
    yeah, my crankarm did the same thing, your lbs should set you up. if they are punks about it, contact trek and see if you can talk to one of their field reps.
    http://ocalabicyclecenter.com/

Rubber side down is good for me