Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Klim View Post
    HOLY SHHHHHH- most AWESOMEST looking MTB EVER!!!!
    i agree

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WalPP3 View Post
    09 Fuel Ex 9 (17,5')
    12 kg - 26.5 lbs w/ pedals (CB candy 1)
    Riding in a singletrack of a local trail, and then having it washed by a LBS. Brasília, Brazil
    Very nice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bamxiv View Post
    2011 fuel EX 6
    SLK Carbon low riser
    SLK Carbon Stem 90mm
    PRO Carbon seatpost (coming soon)
    Crank Brothers Iodine 2//
    Crank Brothers Mallet 2//
    Ashima 185mm rotors Front/Rear
    Continental X-King 2.2 F/R tubeless
    Specialized BG seat
    Fox Float 32 OB 120mm
    XT crankset triple
    XT Front Derailleur
    I dig the color scheme of the 2011 ex6. I have the red 2012 ex6 but prefer the 2011 look. BTW, did your bike come stock with an XT rear derailleur?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by HrznRider View Post
    I dig the color scheme of the 2011 ex6. I have the red 2012 ex6 but prefer the 2011 look. BTW, did your bike come stock with an XT rear derailleur?
    Hi, HrznRider

yes it did come with XT rear derailleur

mtbr member
    My mistress before our ride in the storage room.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your FUEL EX  official post-uploadfromtaptalk1344892429903.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Very nice.
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I'm a little late chiming in on this, but I weighed my 4300 disc using a bathroom scale. It came in at 32 lbs all stock except I have a WTB Pure V seat.

I'm ready to replace it but torn between an EX8 and a Rumblefish elite

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by VFRLuke View Post
    I'm a little late chiming in on this, but I weighed my 4300 disc using a bathroom scale. It came in at 32 lbs all stock except I have a WTB Pure V seat.

I'm ready to replace it but torn between an EX8 and a Rumblefish elite
    thats a tough choice. My friend demoed a rumblefish elite and he loved it. He loved being able to just rollover anything. I am yet to ride a Rumblefish to compare to my EX 8 but I feel like they are fairly similar. Have you ridden a 29er before?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I haven't got any real riding in on a 29'er. I have test rode a superfly 100al and a rumblefish elite in a couple of parking lots, but it's really hard to make any decisions based on that. our local shops around town don't carry a lot of FS bikes, so I was just out of town and in the Pittsburgh area and probably went to 4 or 5 shops.

shop 1: I rode an EX6 and a superfly 100 al. I liked the superly better, there was a little pavement hill at the rear of thier parking lot and I climped a few times with/without propedal on each bike. The propedal didn't seem to do anything on the EX6, but it may not have been set up properly.

shop 2: had an ex8, but I didn't ride it because I think it was too small.

shop 3: had a rumblefish elite, I was getting ready to ride it but it started pouring down rain.

shop 4: I rode the superfly 100AL again, and an EX8 that was a demo bike. one of the cranks fell off of the 100 AL in the parking lot, and the EX8 I could bottom out the suspension in the lot. I took it back in, and it had 60psi in the shock. they pumped it back up to what's recommended for me, and it felt better, but I still couldn't decide if this is what I wanted or not.

back to shop 3: rode the rf elite around the parking lot and I really liked it, but it was a 17.5...and I think that could potentially be too small for me.

I had all but decided on the rumblefish elite, and now the 2013 bikes are on the website, and it looks like trek made some changes to the fuels...and the rumblefish looks like the same bike.

I wish I had enough experience in the trails to know whether I wanted another 26" bike or a 29'er

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Hello,
    I posted my 2009 Fuel Ex 9, few days ago, and I was considering "upgrading" to a 2013 Fuel Ex 8, a 2012 Fuel Ex 8 or maybe, even a 2012 Fuel Ex 9, depending on the offers that I can get from my LBS.
    Trek has just updated their websites with the 2013 bikes. Do you think the 2013 Ex 8 worth the extra cash?
    Any 2013 pictures?
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by VFRLuke View Post
    I haven't got any real riding in on a 29'er. I have test rode a superfly 100al and a rumblefish elite in a couple of parking lots, but it's really hard to make any decisions based on that. our local shops around town don't carry a lot of FS bikes, so I was just out of town and in the Pittsburgh area and probably went to 4 or 5 shops.

shop 1: I rode an EX6 and a superfly 100 al. I liked the superly better, there was a little pavement hill at the rear of thier parking lot and I climped a few times with/without propedal on each bike. The propedal didn't seem to do anything on the EX6, but it may not have been set up properly.

shop 2: had an ex8, but I didn't ride it because I think it was too small.

shop 3: had a rumblefish elite, I was getting ready to ride it but it started pouring down rain.

shop 4: I rode the superfly 100AL again, and an EX8 that was a demo bike. one of the cranks fell off of the 100 AL in the parking lot, and the EX8 I could bottom out the suspension in the lot. I took it back in, and it had 60psi in the shock. they pumped it back up to what's recommended for me, and it felt better, but I still couldn't decide if this is what I wanted or not.

back to shop 3: rode the rf elite around the parking lot and I really liked it, but it was a 17.5...and I think that could potentially be too small for me.

I had all but decided on the rumblefish elite, and now the 2013 bikes are on the website, and it looks like trek made some changes to the fuels...and the rumblefish looks like the same bike.

I wish I had enough experience in the trails to know whether I wanted another 26" bike or a 29'er
    yeah i hear 29ers are amazing for trail bikes but IMO it is all personal preference, but then again i dont have any trail time on a 29er either.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalPP3 View Post
    Hello,
    I posted my 2009 Fuel Ex 9, few days ago, and I was considering "upgrading" to a 2013 Fuel Ex 8, a 2012 Fuel Ex 8 or maybe, even a 2012 Fuel Ex 9, depending on the offers that I can get from my LBS.
    Trek has just updated their websites with the 2013 bikes. Do you think the 2013 Ex 8 worth the extra cash?
    Any 2013 pictures?
    Thanks.
    The 2013 EX 8 is a tough call. They made small changes from 2011 from 2012 which i think were the ISCG 05 guide tabs and a more slack head angle which already make it a good bit better IMO. They made the bike a little more aggressive for 2013 with 10mm more travel shorter chainstays and updated the leverage ratio. I havent ridden a 2013 so idk if the new changes makes it much better but from what i have read it is really sick. I think that it would be worth it depending on how much of a discount the shop gave you for the 2012.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Such awesome looking bikes

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Is a used root beer 2009 Fuel Ex8 worth $1000??

I just found a root beer colored 2009 ex 8 on craigslist and the owner is selling it for $1000. He sent me the pics of scratches and it does not seem to have any major dents.. just normal scratches from regular biking.

Can you please let me know if this is a good deal? Also, how much would a new root beer fuel ex 8 have cost back in 2009?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    If it is accepatable shape for you it is a decent deal. For reference I sold a 2005 Trek Liquid 55 for $750 last fall. The bike was in excellent shape. Did not ride it much. I did pick up my 2011 Fuel EX8 brand new last december for $1700.
    2014 Niner RIP 9
    Full XT
    Rock Shox Pike 140
    Roval Control Carbon

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by stygz1 View Post
    If it is accepatable shape for you it is a decent deal. For reference I sold a 2005 Trek Liquid 55 for $750 last fall. The bike was in excellent shape. Did not ride it much. I did pick up my 2011 Fuel EX8 brand new last december for $1700.
    Is there a reason why you bought it for price much much lower than the price stated in the Trek website? The website prices the EX8 at almost $2900.. Do they actually sell for a much lower price?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by smokytan View Post
    Is there a reason why you bought it for price much much lower than the price stated in the Trek website? The website prices the EX8 at almost $2900.. Do they actually sell for a much lower price?
    its probably because of overstock, they had to sell the 2011 bikes since 2012 bikes were already out or starting to come out. that and its off-season. thats about how much i got my 2011 for this past spring.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    It was December in WI. I guess you can call it a 2011 left over. They boxed it up and I put it in my SUV back to GA. (I was home on vacation)
    2014 Niner RIP 9
    Full XT
    Rock Shox Pike 140
    Roval Control Carbon

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    ahh i see.. I'm gonna go ahead and get the bike then.. Will be posting the pictures once i get it.

Zaf
    mtbr member

My Fuel Ex 9 (2012). Had it for a month or so now, just went tubeless on it (picture taken after a clean and before the tyres were even ridden). It's a stunner, love every moment on it. Glad I got it before the 2013 came out, due to the XTR rear derailluer de-spec and the less sexy colour scheme. Just in love with how gorgeous the 2012 Ex 9 looks.

mtbr member
    Very nice! I agree with the colors. I'm glad I got my 2012 ex8 as I'm not impressed with the color schemes this year. Although the new geometry would've been nice... but I love my bike as it is.

mtbr member
    Come on, '13 colors are the way better than '12
    Especially new EX8 black red and identical black green for EX9

mtbr member
    LoL!

Well we know what "someone" is buying!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    new colors are way better and i think the geometry for the 13's make them worth it.

Zaf
    mtbr member
    She looks so wrong clean, so here's some pics I took about half an hour ago after my morning ride, before she was dusted off. That XTR rear derailleur, it feels even better then it looks. Still getting the adjustment right on the rear shock, for most of the riding I do keeping it in Pro-pedal, but even on those more technical decents where I switch it into the softer still doesn't seem to use all the travel up.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    2009 Fuel EX8, my trusted trail companion for 3 years now and still counting....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your FUEL EX  official post-trek-fuel-ex8.jpg  

Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast