Thread: our new Fishers

mtbr member

Good job! our new Fishers

got some bikes for the wife and I could not pass them up!.......Let me know what you think, 06' Big Sure GS and 07' Fat Possum XO - I am stoked to go riding, although not sure on a few things yet!...

Last edited by motard5; 04-24-2007 at 03:59 PM.

w00t
    they look great. now go have fun.

Double-metric mtb man
    Yeah, what extensive said
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

No longer 26
    Really like the color on the Sur. Have fun!
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...

Warrior's Society
    Do you and your wife plan to ride together??

You bought a 6" travel freeride bike and she got a short travel XC bike.

j/k.......glad you like the new rides.

mtbr member
    thank you all for the kind comments. My wife is loving her bike - she even tried to huck a small double yesterday...it was pretty amusing but I gotta love her enthusiasm!

btw is it ok for me to hang the bike like this? I was not sure if I would get air back up towards the levers in the lines? Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    your fat possum X0 sounds really nice, i have a kingfisher 1 and luv it, why they stopped building them is beyond me. Your bike should be fine hung like that, check the forks for any oil leakage (manitous can be prone to that) when storing bikes in odd positions apart from that no worries. As for your worries about air in lines, i assume your talking about the brakes, right? Dont worry brake lines like that use hydraulic fluid and are airtight, air in your brake lines is a bad thing youll be able to tell if theres air in there as your brakes will feel squidgy and innefective instead of sharp, the lever will be able to move a lot closer to the bar as a result. shouldnt be a problem on a new bike. If you think there is air in there get it to an LBS to get the brakes bled or if your brave try it yourself (not recommended).